Galveston, Texas is filled with festivals, sporting events, shows, concerts as well as seasonal attractions including Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Jet Boat Thrill Rides at Pier 21 and Extreme Water Sports which offer flyboarding.
- April 2, 21st Annual Grand Kids Festival
- April 2, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “The Fifth Element”
- April 3, Cirque Mechanics – Pedal Punk at The Grand 1894 Opera House
- Foodie Alert: April 8, National Empanada Day – Free empanada appetizer at Galvez Bar & Grill and Tremont Café with purchase of lunch and dinner
- April 9, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Harbors Over Highways (Country Rock)
- April 9, The Pirates of Penzance NY Gilbert & Sullivan Players at The Grand 1894 Opera House
- April 10, Lone Star Ironman 70.3
- Wine Connoisseur Alert: April 11-14, Wine Week as part of Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival
- Special Wine Flights offering at Galvez Bar & Grill
- April 14-17, 14th Annual Featherfest & Nature Photofest
- April 14, Galveston Chamber of Commerce Women’s “Mind, Body, Spirit” Conference at Moody Gardens
- Wine Connoisseur Alert: April 14-17, Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival at Pier 21 with Celebrity Chef Robert Irvine
- Blog on Savoring Food & Wine Festival
- April 17, Robert Irvine LIVE at The Grand 1894 Opera House
- Foodie Alert: April 17, Chef Lance Fegen of Houston’s Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar featured at Hotel Galvez Sunday Brunch
- April 17, 6th Annual Rotary Crawfish Boil
- April 22-24, Divas Half Marathon
- April 23, Gritty Goddess 5K Fest
- April 23, Adopt a Beach Cleanup
- Foodie Alert: April 27, National Prime Rib Day - $15 Prime Rib Dinner special with 8 oz. prime rib, mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables and iced tea available at Galvez Bar & Grill and Tremont Cafe
- April 30, A Bark in the Park
- April 30, Historic Downtown Lofts Tour
Upcoming in May & June
- April 30-May 1 & May 1-2, 42nd Annual Historic Homes Tour
- Foodie Alert: May, National Hamburger Month – “Buy One Get One Free” traditional and Texas Burger available at Galvez Bar & Grill (excluding Memorial Day Weekend)
- Foodie Alert: May 10, National Shrimp Day – “Buy One Get One Free” Shrimp Tacos at Tremont Cafe
- May 13-14, Yaga’s Wild Game & BBQ Cook-Off
- May 20-21, Galveston Island Beach Revue at Beach Central
- June 10, 105th Anniversary of Hotel Galvez
- June 11, Hotel Galvez Wedding Vow Renewal
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Effective April 1, 2016, parking is $1.50/hour and charged daily.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Where to Stay
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.