Mark your calendar for Galveston’s most popular events in August.
• Fridays & Saturdays through Aug. 12, Bands in the Sands at Moody Gardens
• Sundays through Labor Day Weekend, Fireworks on the beachfront (9 pm, 37th & Seawall)
• Aug. 5, Sandcastle Lesson at Stewart Beach
• Aug. 5, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “The Secret Life of Pets”
• Aug. 3-6, Island ETC presents “Disaster”
• Aug. 6, Sunday Movie Nights at the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier featuring “Finding Dory”
• Aug. 10-12, Island ETC presents “Disaster”
• Aug. 12, Family Day at Ocean Star Offshore Oil Rig & Museum
• Aug. 12, Music Nite on the Grand featuring Campfire Soul with Zach Person (Blues/R&B)
• Aug. 12, Sand Crab 5k/10K Night Run
• Aug. 13, Sunday Movie Nights at the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier featuring “Sing”
• Aug. 20, August Family Beach Challenge at East Beach
• Aug. 26, Dixie’s Tupperware Party at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Aug. 26, Battle on the Bay Paddle Festival
• Aug. 26, ArtWalk
Plan Ahead for September
• Sept. 1-3, Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival
• Sept. 2, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Captain America: The First Avenger”
• Sept. 9, Music Nite on the Grand featuring The Fab 5
• Sept. 16, The Galveston Island Market (22nd & Mechanic)
• NEW DATE: Sept. 29-30, Galveston Island Wild Texas Shrimp Festival
• Sept. 23, Chita & Tune – Two For The Road, Chita Rivera & Tommy Tune at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Sept. 24, Island Tri Girl
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
New Galveston Trolley Details:
• The service began Friday June 2, 2017
• The fares will be waived for summer for all riders
• The service will operate seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• The stops include seven stops downtown, a ride down 25th Street where riders will transfer to the Seawall Trolley and stops all along the Seawall from Stewart Beach through to Moody Gardens
• For information, visit www.galvestontrolley.com
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.