This February enjoy the Galveston Marathon, Valentine’s Day and Mardi Gras! Galveston. Mark your calendar for Galveston’s most popular events in February.
• Feb. 2, The Bryan Speaker Series at The Bryan Museum
• Feb. 9, Hotel Galvez Ghost Tour Dinner (Sold Out)
• Feb. 10, Deep Water Jubilee Menardi Gras at the Michel Menard Home
• Feb. 11, Family Day at The Ocean Star
• Feb. 11, Valentine’s Day Cruise at Offatts Bayou hosted by Sea Star Base Galveston
• Feb. 11, The Time Jumpers featuring Vince Gill at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Feb. 12, Galveston Marathon and Cupid 5K Run
• Feb. 12, Mardi Gras Brunch at Hotel Galvez
• Feb. 12, Pump Boys and Dinettes at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Feb. 14, Victorian Sweetheart Tour at Bishop’s Palace
• Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day Dinner at Galvez Bar & Grill
• Feb. 16, Robert Earl Keen at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Feb. 17-28, Mardi Gras! Galveston
o Enjoy 20+ parades and processions, live music and balcony parties
• Feb. 19, Mardi Gras Brunch at Hotel Galvez
• Feb. 19, Galveston Symphony Orchestra “Valentine’s Day Concert: Violin Favorites” at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Feb. 25, Mardi Gras Parade Viewing Party at the Tremont Ballroom benefitting Texas A&M at Galveston’s George P Mitchell Society scholarships
• Feb. 26, Mardi Gras Brunch at Hotel Galvez
Upcoming in March
• March 4, Causeway FunD Run benefitting UTMB School of Health Professions
• March 4, ArtWalk
• March 4, ArtWalk at The Tremont House
• March 4, Movie Nite on The Strand
• March 4, Barefoot in the Park at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 5, “In the Mood” presented by Turnaround Artists at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 11, Family Day at The Ocean Star
• March 11, Music Nite on The Strand
• March 12, The Rob Landes Trio Music from the Movies at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 17, “Next to Normal” at ETC
• March 18, Island Market
• March 18, 42nd Street at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 19, Galveston Symphony Orchestra “The Virtuoso Romantic” at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 24, Scrap-Arts-Music at The Grand 1894 Opera House
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
Galveston does have Get Me, which operates similar to Uber.
How it works: According to their website, Get Me locates you via GPS as soon as you open the App, so if you want to get picked up at your current location, just tap to request a ride and a driver will accept your request.
You can identify your destination in the App, either before or after you request your ride. You can also select the vehicle type you need. At the end of your ride, you’ll get an In-App receipt as well as an emailed receipt.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.