Since 2011, Galveston’s Hotel Galvez & Spa has hosted a group wedding vow renewal as part of the hotel’s own anniversary and the most popular month for weddings. Couples celebrate their marriage by renewing or reaffirming their vows during this special ceremony on the hotel lawn.
If you’re thinking that one wedding was enough, let us tempt you to join us with these five reasons why you should take the plunge again:
1. While every year is something to celebrate, it’s particularly fun to celebrate those milestone anniversaries – first, fifth, 10th, 25 or 50th.
2. You and your spouse want to pause and reflect on your relationship, the memories you’ve shared, and the ones to come, after all what is more romantic than renewing your wedding vows with the person you love.
3. The two of you want to rekindle a little romance and remember that special day when you first said “I do.”
4. You now have kids and/or grandkids you want to serve as witnesses to your love and commitment.
5. You didn’t have a big celebration the first time around and this is an opportunity to be part of something fun.
The Galvez Wedding Vow Renewal is always scheduled the second Saturday of June in conjunction with the most popular month for weddings and the hotel’s anniversary. This year, that is June 10 – also the hotel’s 106th anniversary.
The ceremony begins at 10 a.m. on hotel grounds and is officiated by Justice of the Peace Jim Schweitzer. Following the ceremony, a small reception is hosted by the hotel for participating couples. Couples have the option to join in the wedding vow renewal at no cost and all receive a courtesy bouquet and boutonniere for the ceremony. Professional photos are available for purchase.
Hotel Galvez is offering a Wedding Vow Renewal package, which includes participation in the wedding vow renewal ceremony on Saturday morning and reception for participating couples, as well as a room for two, champagne accompanied by chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival. Available for June 9-11, the package is offered as a one night package or Friday and Saturday package. Advance reservations are required.
For reservations, call (409) 765-7721 or visit http://www.hotelgalvez.com/special-pkg and click on “Special Offers.” (Hint: You also have the option to participate solely in the ceremony and partake in the couples’ reception. So if you prefer The Tremont House or Harbor House keep this option in mind.)
Where to Stay:
• For a beach view with history and, of course, Sunday Brunch, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
• For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
• Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.