There are so many details to manage when planning a wedding - couples focus on choosing the right colors, invitations, food, flowers, music and selecting the perfect venue. Another item to check off your list is to make arrangements for out of town guests.
Here are five tips for booking your wedding room block:
1. Start early: The best time to reserve your block is at least four months prior to the wedding. This allows enough time for your guests to make travel arrangements. If your wedding date falls on a holiday weekend, you may want to book even earlier as rates and availability will play a factor.
2. Number of Rooms: Have an estimate as to how many rooms you think you will need. The minimum for most hotels is ten rooms.
3. Guaranteed vs. Courtesy Blocks: Most hotels only offer Guaranteed Rooms Blocks, meaning a contract needs to be signed guaranteeing that a specific number of rooms will be utilized; if these are not used it will require the signer to cover the cost of any un-utilized guest rooms. With a courtesy block, typically the hotel will not hold any rooms and the rates may fluctuate.
4. Tour the Rooms: Ask to see the guestrooms before you sign any contracts. This will give you a clear picture as to where your guests will be sleeping.
5. Wedding Suite: You may not think you need the extra space the night of the wedding, but booking a Suite the night before and the night of the wedding will give you lots of space for the wedding party to get ready in one spot on the big day.
Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House have Wedding specialists available to help you arrange the day of your dreams, contact them through the Catering department at 409-515-2161 or through our websites www.hotelgalvez.com or www.thetremonthouse.com.
Lauren Stephenson is a sales manager for Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House who specializes in working with couples on their wedding room blocks.