Galveston Island is widely known for its ghosts. And, as a bonus, during the month of October ghost tours and haunted happenings are stepped up. Here is a list of haunted happenings you can only enjoy in October in Galveston.
• Oct. 13 – 28, Living Dead Ghost Tour. This tour is available Fridays at 8 p.m. and Saturdays at 6:30 and 8 p.m. This is a driving ghost tour hosted by Galveston Historic Tours.
• Oct. 13 – 29, Galveston Graveyard Tour. Galveston Historic Tours offers this walking tour of Galveston’s oldest cemeteries on Fridays and Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. There is also an 11 p.m. tour on Oct. 21 and 28.
• Oct. 13, Spirits of the Levy Building Ghost Tour. This building has an interesting history and this tour includes Edgar Allen Poe poetry reading.
• Oct. 26, Lanternlight Tour of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace. This historic mansion is amazing in the day so I can’t imagine what it’s like in the evenings.
• Oct. 26 – 31, Ghost Tours of the 1859 Ashton Villa. This is a real treat as this home is usually not open for public tours.
• Oct. 28, 1892 Bishop’s Palace Psychic Gallery Reading. A huge historic mansion coupled with a psychic reading at night… need we say more.
• Oct. 28 – 29, Chilling Haunted Sub (Zombie Navy aboard the USS Cavalla). Visit the American Undersea Warfare Center at Seawolf Park as they release the caged up Zombie Zavy.
• Oct. 28, Mini Monster Bash at Saengerfest Park. From 1 to 4 p.m. enjoy family friendly Halloween fun at Saengerfest Park.
• Oct. 31, Trick or Treat at the 1838 Menard House. This is the oldest surviving home in Galveston and a unique opportunity for a visit.
• Oct. 31, Sailor’s Superstitions Tour at the 1877 Tall Ship ELISSA. This restored tall ship is sight to be seen and adding the superstitions tour will add to the fun.
• Tuesdays through Fridays, Ghost Tour and Dinner at Hotel Galvez. Take a one hour ghost tour followed by a three course dinner at this haunted hotel. Friday’s tour is only available as part of an overnight package. For reservations, call (409) 765-7721. While this ghost tour and dinner is available monthly, it is only available Fridays and additional weekdays in October.
• Haunted Mayfield Manor… This year-round haunted house is truly haunted.
• Dash Beardsley’s Ghost Tours of Galveston. These tours are available year-round.
Now, that you’ve planned out your Halloween fun make sure to book your hotel.
Where to Stay:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.