If you are planning on shopping or dining in Downtown Galveston following is important information regarding paid parking:
• Paid parking is enforced Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Visitors have the option to pay via any of the sixteen pay stations, use the PayByPhone mobile app or website at paybyphone.com or call 1-866-234-7275. Please note that handicap plates and placards as well as Disabled Veteran plates are exempt.
• Visitors pay per license plate so they can move from one location to another without the need to pay an additional fee.
• Pay stations are located at the intersections of 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th Streets at Strand, Mechanic, Market, and Postoffice. Credit or debit card payments for parking may also be made via the PayByPhone mobile app, or on the web at paybyphone.com.
Parking Fee: $1.50/hour ($0.25 convenience fee per transaction for PayByPhone)
Operation: 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Saturday, daily
- Pay Stations – accept cash, coins, or credit/debit cards at intersections of 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th Streets at Strand, Mechanic, Market, and Postoffice
- PayByPhone – pay using a credit/debit card
www.paybyphone.com; Pay by Phone Mobile App;
- OR by phone at 1-866-234-7275
Paid Parking Zone: 20th Street to 25th Street from Harborside to Church Street
For additional information, please visit http://www.cityofgalveston.org/557/Downtown-Parking or contact the Downtown Paid Parking Customer Service Division at (409) 797-3602.
Now book your room at one of these Galveston hotels and plan your next vacation.
- For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
- For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
- If you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21. The hotel is within walking distance of the downtown Galveston and The Historic Strand District.