June in Galveston means Fireworks, the return of the Summer Pop Band Concerts, Father’s Day and the summer season of the The Grand 1894 Opera House.
• Ongoing (Tuesdays), Summer Pop Band Concerts at Sealy Pavilion, 24th Sealy
• Ongoing (Thursdays & Sundays), Galveston’s Own Farmers Market at The Bryan Museum
• Ongoing (Sundays), Stay & Play! Galveston Gulf Fireworks Shows, 9 p.m. weekly
• June 2, ARTWalk
• June 2, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Dolphin Tale” at Saengerfest Park
• June 8, Kendra Scott Trunk Show at Hotel Galvez benefitting the Daisy’s Kids at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• June 8, World Oceans Day Festival coordinated by Artist Boat
• June 8, Jana Pochop, Shawnee Kilgore, Brant Croucher at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
• June 9, Family Day at Ocean Star Offshore Oil Rig & Museum
• June 9, Ordinary Elephant, Tom Meny, Matt Harlan at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
• June 9, Hotel Galvez Annual Wedding Vow Renewal
• June 9, Galveston Island Brewing 5K Beer Run
• June 9, Galveston Beach Sports Fest
• June 9, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Donovan Keith (Soul) at Saengerfest Park
• June 10, FREE Second Sundays at the Bryan Museum
• June 13 & 14, Galvez Ghost Tour and Dinner
• June 15 – 17, Galveston Cajun Festival at Beach Central (across from Hotel Galvez)
• June 16, Galveston Island Market in Downtown Galveston
• June 16, Harbors Over Highways, Abe Partridge at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
• June 17, Father’s Day Brunch at Hotel Galvez with Galveston Island Brewing
• June 21, Kindy Friedman, Little Jewford at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
• June 22 & 23, “Mary Poppins, Jr.” at Island ETC
• June 22, Julie Weir, Janet Bell, Cheryl Cawood Bobbitt at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
• June 23, Jaston Williams in “I’m not Lying” at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• June 23, Gabe Wootton Songwriter Series, Tommy Lewis, Greg Schroeder at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
• June 24, Victorian Teas at 1892 Bishop’s Palace
• June 28, John Baumann at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
• June 29, Jeff Plankenhor at Old Quarter Acoustic Café
Travel Tip: Check the calendar for Kitchen Chick and Clay Cup Studios. You might be able to add a cooking class to your itinerary and an artsy night out.
• July 4, Galveston Fireworks and Patriotic Concert by Galveston Community Band at Hotel Galvez
• July 7, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “It’s a Wonderful Life” at Saengerfest Park
• July 7, An Evening with Bill Engvall at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• July 8, FREE Second Sundays at the Bryan Museum
• July 14, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Campfire Soul (Blues/Rock) at Saengerfest Park
• July 21, Dixie’s Tupperware Party at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Aug. 5, The Boutique Bridal Show at Hotel Galvez
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
Galveston Trolley Details
• Trolley fares are $1 for adults and free for children
• Exact change required; trolley drivers cannot make change
• The trolley operates from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
• Stops include seven stops downtown, a ride down 25th Street where riders will transfer to the Seawall Trolley and stops all along the Seawall from Stewart Beach through to Moody Gardens
• For information, visit www.galvestontrolley.com
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.