Yaga’s Chili Quest and Beer Fest returns to Galveston this weekend on Jan. 15 & 16, 2016. Keep your fingers crossed for good “chili” weather. If you love good chili and beer or fun in general then this is the festival for you.
Some quick tips:
• Organizers recommend the Triple Combo Ticket. It includes the Beerfooter 5K registration and the chili and beer tasting for $65. Race check-in begins on Saturday at 7:30 a.m. and the run starts at 9 a.m. to give you plenty of time to get to the chili and beer.
• Didn’t buy an advance ticket? No worries, you can buy a chili tasting cup at the festival for $15. The public can sample chili from the cooking teams from noon to 3 p.m.
• Chili sampling tickets can be purchased at Will Call, located at 23rd & Strand) beginning at 11 a.m. on Saturday. If you purchased in advance, you can also pick up your ticket/cup at Will Call.
• Remember to pace yourself. There are a lot of teams and a lot of really good chili to sample. You can purchase beer and water at the vendor booth.
• Don’t forget Brandon McDermott performs at 1 p.m. at Saengerfest Park, 23rd & Strand.
• Want to walk away with some prizes? Participate in the Strand Merchant Walk-about which begins at 11 a.m. Turn in your card by 4 p.m. and win gift certificates from participating stores. Plus, you can enjoy a quick break from the chili.
Yaga’s Chili Quest & Beer Fest will be donating proceeds to Ronald McDonald House of Galveston. The Ronald McDonald House is considered a “home away from home” for the families of children who are receiving treatment at the University of Texas Medical Branch.
For a detailed schedule, visit www.yagaschiliquest.com