Galveston’s Mardi Gras celebration is a time to release your inner reveler, sport your favorite purple, green and gold garb, beg for beads, and, basically, let your hair down.
During the first weekend of Mardi Gras, there are ten parades and processions that travel through the Uptown Entertainment District. Even the two big seawall parades, Aquarius and Gambrinus, make their way downtown.
Hotel Galvez & Spa is just a five-minute shuttle away from the district and The Tremont House is located in the heart of the Uptown Entertainment District with all the parades and processions passing directly in front of the hotel.
Parades & Processions include:
Friday, Feb. 2
• 5 p.m. – Party Gras! Procession (Uptown)
• 7 p.m. – George P. Mitchell Honoree Parade (Uptown)
• 8:30 p.m. – Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade (Uptown)
• 10 p.m. – Mardi Gras! Galveston Parade (Uptown)
Saturday, Feb. 3
• 11 a.m. – Jolly Jester Jaunt Official Mardi Gras! Galveston 5K (Uptown)
• 12 p.m. – Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Parade (Seawall to Uptown)
• 1 p.m. – 7th Annual Zaniest Golf Cart Parade (Uptown)
• 3 p.m. – Krewe D’IHeartMedia Parade (Uptown)
• 6 p.m. – Krewe of Gambrinus Parade (Seawall to Uptown)
Sunday, Feb. 4
• 1 p.m. – Fiesta Gras Estrella TV Parade (Uptown)
• 4 p.m. – Mega Fiesta Gras Parade (Uptown)
Entertainment highlights during the first weekend include Everclear on Saturday, Feb. 3 at 5:30 p.m., La Mafia on Sunday, Feb. 4 at 2:30 p.m. See the website for a full schedule of entertainment.
The second weekend of Mardi Gras is host to twelve parades and processions
Parades & Processions include:
Friday, Feb. 9
• 7 p.m. – Danny Weber Memorial Fire Truck Parade (Uptown)
• 8 p.m. – Krewe Babalu 13th Annual “All Krewe Parade” (Uptown)
• 9:30 p.m. – Krewe De Yaga’s Parade (Uptown)
Saturday, Feb. 10
• 11 a.m. – Krewe d’Espirit Rosaire Parade (Seawall)
• 1 p.m. – Krewe of Who? Processional (Uptown)
• 1 p.m. – Z Krewe 24th Z Processional Parade (Uptown)
• 2:30 p.m. – Mardi Gras King’s Parade (Uptown)
• 4:30 p.m. – Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler Parade (Uptown)
• 6:30 p.m. – Knights of Momus Grand Night Parade (Seawall to Uptown)
Sunday, Feb. 11
• 12 p.m. – Shriner’s Hospital for Children & Sunshine Kids Parade (Uptown)
• 1:30 p.m. – Krewe of Barkus & Meoux Parade (Uptown)
• 3 p.m. – Mardi Gras Children’s Parade (Uptown)
Entertainment highlights this weekend include Jason Cassidy at 7:30 p.m. and Kevin Fowler at 8:30 p.m. both on Friday, Feb. 9.
For a complete lineup of entertainment, visit www.mardigrasgalveston.com.
The last parade of the Mardi Gras carnival season is on Fat Tuesday, Feb. 13.
• 6:30 p.m. – Mystic Krewe of Aquarius 22nd Annual Fat Tuesday Parade
When planning your weekend, you may wonder which Galveston hotels should be your home base for Mardi Gras? A stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House put you near all the revelry making it convenient to join in the fun
Mardi Gras Package at Hotel Galvez
• Deluxe accommodations at the historic Hotel Galvez & Spa
• Complimentary transportation to and from the Uptown Entertainment District
• Complimentary breakfast for two each morning
• Two tickets to the Uptown Entertainment District
• Promo Rate Plan: PKGMGP
Available Feb. 2-4& Feb. 9-11, 2018.
Mardi Gras at The Tremont House
• Two-night stay required, with Friday arrival
• Complimentary commemorative Mardi Gras beads