March in Galveston means the return of Music Nite and Movie Nite on The Strand as well as beautiful weather and great shows at The Grand 1894 Opera House.
• Ongoing (Friday & Saturday), Galvez Gives Back $24 Prime Rib Dinner Special at Galvez Bar and Grill
• March 2, Jerry Jeff Walker at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 3, UTMB Causeway Fund Run
• March 3, ArtWalk, 6 – 9 p.m.
• March 3, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Despicable Me 2”
• March 3, The Julian Bliss Septet – A Tribute to Benny Goodman at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 4, Galveston's Own Farmers Market
• March 7 & 8 , Galvez Ghost Tour and Dinner at Hotel Galvez
• March 9 – April 7, Hair at Island ETC
• March 10, Music Nite on The Strand featuring A Sure Thing
• March 10, On Golden Pond at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 11, Galveston's Own Farmers Market
• March 16, Kendra Scott Trunk Sale at Hotel Galvez & Spa benefitting Galveston Island Humane Society
• March 17, Galveston Island Market
• March 18, The Rob Landes Trio – The Fabulous 50s at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 18, Galveston's Own Farmers Market
• March 24, Cirque Eloize – Saloon at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• March 25, Galveston's Own Farmers Market
Travel Tip: Check the calendar for Kitchen Chick and Clay Cup Studios. You might be able to add a cooking class to your itinerary and an artsy night out.
Plan Ahead for April
• April 6-8, Tall Ships Galveston
• April 7, The Grand Kids Festival
• April 20 & 21 – Galveston Island Wine Festival
• April 26-29, Third Coast Music Festival
o April 27 & 28, Galveston Island Beach Revue at Hotel Galvez (now part of Third Coast Music Festival)
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
Galveston Trolley Details:
• Trolley fares are $1 for adults and free for children
• Exact change required; trolley drivers cannot make change
• The trolley operates from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
• Stops include seven stops downtown, a ride down 25th Street where riders will transfer to the Seawall Trolley and stops all along the Seawall from Stewart Beach through to Moody Gardens
• For information, visit www.galvestontrolley.com
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.