Galveston, Texas is filled with festivals, shows, concerts as well as seasonal attractions including Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Jet Boat Thrill Rides at Pier 21 and Extreme Water Sports which offer flyboarding.
• April 30-May 1 & May 1-2, 42nd Annual Historic Homes Tour
• Foodie Alert: May, National Hamburger Month – “Buy One Get One Free” traditional and Texas Burger available at Galvez Bar & Grill (excluding Memorial Day Weekend)
• May 7, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Pitch Perfect”
• Foodie Alert: May 10, National Shrimp Day – “Buy One Get One Free” Shrimp Tacos at Tremont Café
• May 8, Paul Anka at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• May 13-14, Yaga’s Wild Game & BBQ Cook-Off
• May 13-14, Mamma Mia at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• May 14, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Zach Person Band with Campfire Soul (Rock, Soul)
• May 20-21, Galveston Island Beach Revue at Beach Central
• May 21, Island Market
Upcoming in June
• June 4, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Dr. No” (1962 James Bond)
• June 4, ArtWalk
• June 10, 105th Anniversary of Hotel Galvez
• June 11, Hotel Galvez Wedding Vow Renewal
• June 12, Tremont House Afternoon Tea
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Effective April 1, 2016, parking is $1.50/hour and charged daily.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Pick a date and book your stay at one of this fabulous hotels:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.