Mark your calendar for Galveston’s most popular events in November.
• Ongoing (Thursday – Sunday), Galvez Gives Back $24 Prime Rib Dinner Special at Galvez Bar and Grill
• Nov. 2-5, Lone Star Motorcycle Rally
• Nov. 10, Dixie’s Tupperware Party at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Nov. 10, Fall Sunset Cruise on Seagull II
• Nov. 11, Veteran’s Day Salute
• Nov. 11, Kendra Scott Trunk Show at Hotel Galvez (3-5 pm)
• Nov. 11 – Jan. 7, Winter Wonder Island Events
• Nov. 11 – Jan. 7, Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens
• Nov. 11 – Jan. 7, Ice Land at Moody Gardens
• Nov. 12, An Evening with Sophia Loren at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Nov. 16, Sip and Shop on The Strand
• Nov. 17, Mainsail Movie Night: Waterworld at The Texas Seaport Museum
• Nov. 18 & 19, STOMP at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Nov. 24, Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez
• Nov. 24 & 25, Christmas Wonderland Holiday Spectacular at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Nov. 24-26, Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival (rescheduled from Sept.)
• Nov. 25, Holiday Tree Lighting at Hendley Green
• Nov. 25 – Jan. 2, Downtown Lanterns and Lights at Saengerfest Park
• Nov. 25, ARTWalk
Travel Tip: Check the calendar for Kitchen Chick and Clay Cup Studios. You might be able to add a cooking class to your itinerary and an artsy night out.
Plan Ahead for December - February
• Dec. 1-3, 44th Annual Dickens on The Strand
• Dec. 1, Holiday Handbell Concert at St. Joseph’s Church
• Dec. 15, The Texas Tenors – Deep in the Heart of Christmas at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Dec. 15-17, Santa Hustle
• Dec. 15 – 25, Cirque Joyeux Noel Dinner & Show at Moody Gardens
• Jan. 6-21, Galveston Restaurant Week
• Jan. 19-20, Galveston Chili Quest and Beer Fest
• Feb. 2-13, Mardi Gras! Galveston
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
Galveston Trolley Details:
• Beginning Sept. 5, fares are $1 for adults and free for children
• Exact change required; trolley drivers cannot make change
• The trolley operates from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
• Stops include seven stops downtown, a ride down 25th Street where riders will transfer to the Seawall Trolley and stops all along the Seawall from Stewart Beach through to Moody Gardens
• For information, visit www.galvestontrolley.com
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.