November kicks off with Lone Star Rally and takes us right into the holidays. Mark your calendar for Galveston’s most popular events in November:
• Nov. 3-6, Lone Star Motorcycle Rally
• Nov. 11, Veterans Day Salute at Seawolf Park
• Nov. 12 - Jan. 8, Moody Gardens Ice Land: Ice Sculptures – Caribbean Christmas
• Nov. 12 – Jan. 8, Moody Gardens Festival of Lights
• Nov. 13, Elf, The Musical at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Nov. 18, Kendra Scott Trunk Show benefitting Galveston County Food Bank at Hotel Galvez & Spa
• Nov. 18 - Dec. 10 (weekends), Winter Wonderettes at Island ETC
• Nov. 18, Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Musical at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Nov. 24, Thanksgiving Brunch at Hotel Galvez
• Nov. 25 – Dec. 31, Holiday Splash at Schlitterbahn Galveston Indoor Waterpark with Surfing Santa Nov. 25 – Dec. 23
• Nov. 25-26, Home for the Holidays Gift Market at Moody Gardens
• Nov. 25, Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez
• Nov. 26, Porch Rocking with Santa at The Bryan Museum
• Nov. 26, ARTWalk
• Nov. 26, Hendley Green Holiday Kickoff and Tree Lighting
• Nov. 27, The Priests at The Grand 1894 Opera House
Upcoming in December:
• Dec. 2 – 4, 43rd Annual Dickens on The Strand
• Dec. 4, Holiday Half Marathon
• Dec. 4, Sunday Brunch with Santa at Hotel Galvez
• Dec. 10, Nutcracker Afternoon Tea at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Dec. 10 – 11, The Nutcracker Ballet at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Dec. 10, Holiday Concert in the Park
• Dec. 11, Sunday Brunch with Santa at Hotel Galvez
• Dec. 17, Jerry Jeff Walker at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Dec. 16 – 25, Cirque Joyeux Noel Dinner and Show at Moody Gardens
• Dec. 17 – 18, Santa Hustle Half Marathon & 5K
• Dec. 18, Sunday Brunch with Santa at Hotel Galvez
• Dec. 18, Loretta Lynn, Queen of Country Music at The Grand 1894 Opera House
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips:
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Where to Stay:
• Hotel Galvez & Spa Holiday Magic Package - Make Hotel Galvez & Spa your choice for a “Holiday Getaway” as Galveston is transformed into the “Winter Wonder Island” of Texas, offering 50 days of holiday fun. Enjoy breakfast for two at Galvez Bar & Grill, two tickets to Moody Gardens’ Ice Land: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas as well as complimentary valet and a courtesy shuttle to the Historic Strand District known for its shopping and dining. Click here to book this package and confirm that RATE CODE: PKGHM is applied.
• Holiday Fun at The Tremont House - Plan your holiday escape at The Tremont House this season as Galveston is transformed into the “Winter Wonder Island” of Texas, offering 50 days of holiday events. Enjoy breakfast for two at Tremont Café, two tickets to Moody Gardens’ Ice Land: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas and complimentary valet. The Tremont House is the only hotel located in the heart of the Historic Strand District. Click here to book this package and confirm that RATE CODE: PKGHM is applied.
Both packages are available Nov. 12 through Dec. 30, 2016.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.