Mark your calendar for Galveston’s most popular events in October.
• Ongoing till Oct. 29 (Thu-Sun), Galvez Gives Back Prime Rib Special at Galvez Bar & Grill
• Oct. 6, First Friday in Postoffice District, 6 to 9 p.m.
• Oct. 7, Jimmy Webb – The Glen Campbell Years at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 12, Sip and Shop on The Strand, 5-8 p.m.
• Oct. 14-15, Galveston Greek Festival
• Oct. 14, Galveston Island Brewing Seawall Beer Crawl
• Oct. 15, The Beach Boys at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 21, 27th Annual Clean Galveston Walkabout
• Oct. 21, Toughest 10K Causeway Run
• Oct. 21, Galveston Heritage Day and Sacred Places Tour
• Oct. 21, Oktoberfest at Galveston Island Brewing
• Oct. 21-22, Bike Around the Bay
• Oct. 21-22, 20th Annual Artoberfest
• Oct. 22, Joshua Bell, violinist, at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 27, “Nosferatu” silent film with Rob Landes at the organ at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 27-28, 36th Annual Island Oktoberfest
• Oct. 28, Saengerfest Park Mini Monster Bash
Travel Tip: Check the calendar for Kitchen Chick and Clay Cup Studios. You might be able to add a cooking class to your itinerary and an artsy night out.
Plan Ahead for November & December
• Nov. 2-5, Lone Star Motorcycle Rally
• Nov. 10, Dixie’s Tupperware Party at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Nov. 11 – Jan. 7, Winter Wonder Island Events
• Nov. 24, Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez
• Nov. 24-26, Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival (rescheduled from Sept.)
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
New Galveston Trolley Details:
• Beginning Sept. 5, fares are $1 for adults and free for children
• Exact change required; trolley drivers cannot make change
• The trolley operates from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
• Stops include seven stops downtown, a ride down 25th Street where riders will transfer to the Seawall Trolley and stops all along the Seawall from Stewart Beach through to Moody Gardens
• For information, visit www.galvestontrolley.com
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.