If you are a fan of good wine, food and Celebrity Chef Robert Irvine then plan early for the of the Seventh Annual Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival scheduled for April 14-17 at Pier 21.
This year Food Network Celebrity Chef Robert Irvine will make an appearance at every key event of the weekend.
• On Friday, the Premium Wine Tasting & Pairing ($108/pp) will be held at the Tremont Ballroom where Celebrity Chef Robert Irvine will meet attendees.
• Or, purchase tickets for Saturday’s Grand Tasting ($72/pp) from 2 to 5 p.m. Chef Irvine will be at the Grand Tasting for a Cooking Demonstration. Admission to the Grand Tasting includes a souvenir wine glass, event program with complete list of wines, samples of more than 100 wines and food from local restaurants as well as live entertainment by Roxy Roca. We recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance.
• Still can’t get enough of Robert Irvine? See Robert Irvine LIVE at The Grand 1894 Opera House on Sunday, April 17 at 4 p.m. Purchase tickets at www.thegrand.com.
• For more information and to purchase tickets, http://www.galvestonfoodandwinefestival.com/
Some quick tips:
• Festival parking is available at the parking garage located at 21st & Mechanic, which is three blocks from Pier 21. Festival organizers have scheduled a shuttle from the garage to the festival area for the convenience of visitors. If you are a guest at Hotel Galvez & Spa or The Tremont House ask about the courtesy shuttle.
• As part of the festival, Hotel Galvez’ Sunday Champagne Brunch will feature special menu items inspired by Chef Lance Fegen of Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar. In addition to the standard brunch menu, Fegen’s menu offers a Hawaiian Poke Station with Pupukea-Style Tuna & Tako and Classic Shoyu Salmon served with cucumber and warm white rice base. Custom add-ins for the entrée include mango, furikake, wasabi peas, avocado, chiles, and seaweed. This is a separate cost from the festival. Brunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Advance reservations are recommended and may be made by calling the hotel at (409) 765-7721 or via Open Table for Galvez Bar & Grill.
• Other events: Leading into the weekend, festival organizers are coordinating food and wine events throughout the city. Galvez Bar & Grill at Hotel Galvez will be featuring Special Wine Flight Offerings consisting of four different flights that include a selection of three vineyards per serving as part of Wine Week (Monday, April 11– Thursday, April 14). Selections include a Light Intensity Red, Full Intensity Red, Medium Intensity White and Sparkling Wines. Flights range in price from $12 to $18 and will be available in the restaurant and bar. Galvez Bar & Grill is open for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 5 to 10 p.m.
WHERE TO STAY:
• Book your All-Access Weekend with Robert Irvine at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The package includes:
o Two nights of weekend accommodations for Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17
o Two tickets to Saturday, April 16’s Grand Tasting at the Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival
o Two tickets to see Robert Irvine LIVE at The Grand 1894 Opera House on Sunday, April 17
o Valet parking
o Sunday Brunch for two at the Hotel Galvez featuring items prepared by Executive Chef Lance Fegen of Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar
o Breakfast for two on Monday, April 18
o Package available for April 16-18 with rates from $419/night
• For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
• Or if you want to stay in the heart of the festival, reserve your stay at Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.