If you are a fan of good wine and food make plans for the of the Eighth Annual Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival scheduled for May 5-6 at the Galveston Island Convention Center.
- NEW LOCATION: On Friday, the Premium Wine Tasting & Pairing ($108/pp) will be held at the Galveston Island Convention Center.
- Or, purchase tickets for Saturday’s Grand Tasting ($98/pp) from 2 to 5 p.m. Admission to the Grand Tasting includes a souvenir wine glass, event program with complete list of wines, samples of more than 100 wines and food from local restaurants We recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. The Grand Tasting will also be held at the Galveston Island Convention Center.
- If you are a runner or if you love champagne, register for the Champagne 5K on Saturday. Registration is $50 or purchase a combo ticket for $115.
For more information and to purchase tickets for any of these event, visit http://www.galvestonfoodandwinefestival.com/
Some quick tips:
• As part of the festival, Hotel Galvez’ Sunday Champagne Brunch will feature special menu items inspired by Chef Lance Fegen of Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar. In addition to the standard brunch menu, Fegen’s menu is offering his own specialities. This is a separate cost from the festival. Brunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Advance reservations are recommended and may be made by calling the hotel at (409) 765-7721 or via Open Table for Galvez Bar & Grill.
• Other events: Leading into the weekend, festival organizers are coordinating food and wine events throughout the city. Galvez Bar & Grill at Hotel Galvez will be featuring Special Wine Flight Offerings consisting of four different flights that include a selection of three vineyards per serving as part of Wine Week (Monday, May 1– Friday, May 5). Selections include a Light Intensity Red, Full Intensity Red, Medium Intensity White and Sparkling Wines. Flights range in price from $12 to $18 and will be available in the restaurant and bar. Upgrade your flights and pair your flight with a flatbread or filet mignon sliders for an extra $6. Galvez Bar & Grill is open for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 5 to 10 p.m.
WHERE TO STAY: