September 2018 Calendar of Events for Galveston
September in Galveston includes the Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival, the beginning of the 2018-2019 Season at The Grand, the Galveston Island Shrimp Festival and more.
• Ongoing (Thursdays & Sundays), Galveston's Own Farmers Market at The Bryan Museum
• Ongoing (Fridays & Saturdays), Tremont Jazz Series featuring Trio du Jour at The Tremont House from 6 to 10 p.m.
• Ongoing (Fridays & Saturdays), Jazz Duo Reg and Cary at Hotel Galvez & Spa from 5 to 10 p.m.
• Sept. 1, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring "The Neverending Story" at Saengerfest Park
• Sept. 1 - 2, the Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival at Moody Gardens
• Sept. 2 (last show), Stay & Play! Galveston Gulf Fireworks Shows, 9 p.m. weekly
• Sept. 8, Family Day at Ocean Star Offshore Oil Rig Museum
• Sept. 8, Music Nite on The Strand featuring The Fab 5 (Beatles Tribute) at Saengerfest Park
• Sept. 9, FREE Second Sundays at the Bryan Museum
• Sept. 12 & Sept. 13, Galvez Monthly Ghost Tour and Dinner
• Sept. 14, Kendra Scott Trunk Show at Hotel Galvez benefitting The Galveston County Animal Resource Center (ARC)
• Sept. 14 - Oct. 6, Wait Until Dark at Island ETC (East-End Theatre Company)
• Sept. 29, Wynonna & The Big Noise at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Sept. 28, National Drink Beer Specials at Hotel Galvez and The Tremont House
• Sept. 28-29, Galveston Island Wild Texas Shrimp Festival in Downtown Galveston
• Sept. 29, Battle on the Bay Paddle Fest at Moody Gardens
• Sept. 30, Island Girl Triathlon at Moody Gardens
• Oct. 6, The Choir of Man at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 5-7 Galveston Island Film Festival
• Oct. 13-14, 35th Annual Galveston Greek Festival
• Oct. 13, Aida Cuevas - Totalmente Juan Gabriel at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 20, 28th Annual Clean Galveston Walkabout
• Oct. 20, Toughest 10K Causeway Run
• Oct. 20-21, 21st Annual ARTOberFest
• Oct. 26, Phantom of the Opera - Silent Film with Rob Landes at the organ at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 26-27, 37th Annual Oktoberfest
• Oct. 28, The Doo Wop Project at The Grand 1894 Opera House
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
Galveston Trolley Details:
• Trolley fares are $1 for adults and free for children
• Exact change required; trolley drivers cannot make change
• The trolley operates from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
• Stops include seven stops downtown, a ride down 25th Street where riders will transfer to the Seawall Trolley and stops all along the Seawall from Stewart Beach through to Moody Gardens
• For information, visit www.galvestontrolley.com
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.