Mark your calendar for Galveston’s most popular events in September.
• Sundays through Labor Day Weekend, Fireworks on the beachfront (9 pm, 37th & Seawall)
• Sept. 1-3, Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival
• Sept. 2, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Captain America: The First Avenger”
• Sept. 3, Galveston Symphony at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Sept. 9, Family Day at the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig
• Sept. 9, Music Nite on the Strand featuring The Fab 5
• Sept. 15 – Oct. 7 (Thu-Sat), Island ETC presents “Sex with Strangers”
• Sept. 16, Galveston Island Market, 22nd and Mechanic
• Sept. 16-17, Ronnie Milsap Farewell Tour at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Sept. 23, Chita & Tune – Two For The Road, Chita Rivera & Tommy Tune at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Sept. 24, Island Tri Girl
• Sept. 29-30, Galveston Island Wild Texas Shrimp Festival
Travel Tip: Check the calendar for Kitchen Chick and Clay Cup Studios. You might be able to add a cooking class to your itinerary and an artsy night out.
Plan Ahead for October & November
• Oct. 7, Jimmy Webb – The Glen Campbell Years at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 14-15, Galveston Greek Festival
• Oct. 15, The Beach Boys at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 21, 27th Annual Clean Galveston Walkabout
• Oct. 21, Toughest 10K Causeway Run
• Oct. 21-22, 20th Annual Artoberfest
• Oct. 22, Joshua Bell, violinist, at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 27, “Nosferatu” silent film with Rob Landes at the organ at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Oct. 27-28, 36th Annual Island Oktoberfest
• Nov. 2-5, Lone Star Motorcycle Rally
• Nov. 24, Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
New Galveston Trolley Details:
• Beginning Sept. 5, fares are $1 for adults and free for children
• The trolley operates daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Stops include seven stops downtown, a ride down 25th Street where riders will transfer to the Seawall Trolley and stops all along the Seawall from Stewart Beach through to Moody Gardens
• For information, visit www.galvestontrolley.com
Galveston visitors can now take advantage of Uber as well as Get Me.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.