Fall offers a full calendar of festivals, shows at The Grand 1894 Opera House and fun giving you plenty of reasons to plan your next Galveston getaway.
Following are the most popular events in September:
· Craft Beer Alert: September 2-4, Brewmaster’s Craft Beer Festival
· September 2-4, Galveston Island Market Fest
· September 3, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “The Hunger Games”
· September 10, The Texas Tenors at The Grand 1894 Opera House
· September 10, Music Nite on The Strand featuring The Fab 5 (Beatles Tribute Band)
· September 11, Captain Kid’s Triathlon
· September 16, Kendra Scott Trunk Show benefitting the GISD Educational Foundation at Hotel Galvez
· September 17, Tremont Whiskey Punch Tasting at the Michel B Menard House, hosted by the Galveston Historical Foundation
· September 17, Mark Russell Politically Correct at The Grand 1894 Opera House
· September 23-25, Galveston Island Wild Texas Shrimp Festival
· September 24, Steppin’ Live with Ben Vereen The Grand 1894 Opera House
· September 24-25, Galveston Home and Garden Show
· September 25, Island Girl Triathlon
Upcoming in October and November:
· Tuesdays through Fridays in October, Ghost Tour Dinners at Hotel Galvez & Spa. Call (409)765-7721 for advance reservations
· October 7, Kendra Scott Trunk Show benefitting Daisy’s Friends charity at The Grand 1894 Opera House (funds tickets to needy children) at Hotel Galvez
· October 8, Gritty Goddess 5K Fest
· October 9, “Ghosts of Galveston” Book Reading and Signing with Author Kathleen Maca at Hotel Galvez
· October 13, Harvest Moon Regatta
· October 15, Toughest 10K Causeway Run
· October 15, Chubby Checker & The Wild Cats at The Grand 1894 Opera House
· October 15-16, 19th Annual ARToberfest
· October 21-22, 35th Annual Island Oktoberfest
· October 29, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (silent film) with Rob Landes at The Grand 1894 Opera House
· October 30, “Ghosts of Galveston” Book Reading and Signing with Author Kathleen Maca at Hotel Galvez
· November 3-6, Lone Star Motorcycle Rally
· November 13, Elf the Musical at The Grand 1894 Opera House
· November 19, Rudolph, The Red-Nose Reindeer, The Musical at The Grand 1894 Opera House
· November 25, Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.