Galveston Island Brewing is hosting its first pub crawl on Saturday, July 25. The pub crawl starts at The Tremont House’ 1888 Toujouse Bar, 2300 Mechanic.
Patrons may pick up their punch cards at the 1888 Toujouse Bar from noon to 2 p.m. After visiting all participating locations listed on the punch card, beer enthusiasts present their completed card to Murphy’s Pub and receive a free commemorative First Annual Galveston Island Brewing Pub Crawl pint glass. There is no required beverage to drink to get a punch and there is no cost to participate. End your day at the Galveston Island Brewing Pub Crawl After Party at Murphy’s Pub from 6 to 7 p.m.
We asked some pub crawl veterans to provide five tips on how to survive your first or next pub crawl.
1. Eat before you drink. Grab snacks along the way.
Remember there are plenty of places to grab an early lunch in downtown Galveston before you get started. May we suggest the flat breads and Paninis at Tremont Café.
2. Stay hydrated. You might consider a glass of water between adult beverages.
3. Give yourself a time limit at each bar but enough to socialize and enjoy your favorite craft beer.
4. Have a designated driver or take a cab. There are several cab companies in Galveston.
5. Have a buddy system and keep track of your buddies.
Remember to have fun and drink responsibly.
Sleep it off and book your room at The Tremont House where all the fun begins.
Or stay nearby at Harbor House Hotel and Marina at Pier 21.