Galveston Island Brewing is hosting its third annual pub crawl on Saturday, July 22. The pub crawl starts at The Tremont House’ 1888 Toujouse Bar, 2300 Mechanic. Patrons may pick up their punch cards at the 1888 Toujouse Bar from 5 to 6 p.m.
After visiting all participating locations listed on the punch card, beer enthusiasts present their completed card to Sound Bar and receive a free commemorative Galveston Island Brewing Pub Crawl pint glass. There is no required beverage to drink to get a punch and there is no cost to participate. Earliest check in is 8pm. Stick around and have a few more brews with us, snap a photo in our photo booth & win some swag and raffles at the after party 8-10pm.
We asked some pub crawl veterans to provide five tips on how to survive your first or next pub crawl.
1. Eat before you drink. Grab snacks along the way.
Remember there are plenty of places to grab an early lunch in downtown Galveston before you get started. May we suggest the flat breads and Paninis at Tremont Café.
2. Stay hydrated. You might consider a glass of water between adult beverages.
3. Give yourself a time limit at each bar but enough to socialize and enjoy your favorite craft beer.
4. Have a designated driver or take a cab. There are several cab companies in Galveston.
5. Have a buddy system and keep track of your buddies.
Remember to have fun and drink responsibly.
Sleep it off and book your room at The Tremont House where all the fun begins.
Book your room at The Tremont House.
Or stay nearby at Harbor House Hotel and Marina at Pier 21.
Book your stay at Harbor House Hotel.