After a long day of travel, we know that you want to get checked into your room, settled and ready to start your vacation. We asked staffers from the front desk at The Tremont House for their tips on an easy and quick check-in.
1. Have your photo ID and credit card ready.
2. Know the name for the reservation.
3. Bring your confirmation number or confirmation letter as back up.
4. Always double check the rate and dates of stay when signing the registration form at check in.
5. Let the front desk know about any special requests when you arrive. For example, if you are planning on working during your visit request a room with a desk. Or if you are a light sleeper, request a room away from the elevators. Staff will do their best to accommodate requests but it’s always best to share your needs during check-in.
6. Check-in is at 4 p.m. so don’t expect to check in early without an advance call. Early check-ins are hard to guarantee so be patient.
7. Rooms are held until 3 a.m. but on a busy weekend, like a holiday weekend, give the front desk a call if you are delayed and expect to arrive after midnight. Note: if you arrive after 3 a.m. you will have to pay for your room for the prior night. Your room charge is based on your check-in date even if you arrive after midnight.
8. If you are making a reservation through a third-party website, like Expedia, Hotels.com or Hotel Tonight, they fax the reservation to the front desk so it doesn’t go into the reservation system until they see the fax. Remember you are pre-paying for the room that you booked through their website so you are not able to change the room type when you arrive. It is always better to book directly through the hotel’s website or through in-house room reservations.
9. Consider booking an advance “Pay Now” rate for your room directly through the hotel. It locks in your room type and offers a 10% savings and 500 Wyndham Reward Points. This is an advanced purchase rate and requires a full pre-payment and cannot be modified or cancelled once booked. If you aren’t currently enrolled in Wyndham Rewards, you will automatically be enrolled when selecting this rate for Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House. Wyndham Rewards is a free program that rewards you for your stays.
And, most importantly enjoy your stay.
Book your next stay in Galveston at these hotels:
• Hotel Galvez & Spa®, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel, www.hotelgalvez.com, 409.765.7721
• The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel, www.thetremonthouse.com, 409.763.0300
• Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21, www.harborhousepier21.com, 409.763.3321