For the first time ever, Galveston will be host to a citywide music festival – Third Coast Music Festival April 26-29, 2018. The festival is featuring performances by 40 bands during 50 shows over four days. If you are a fan of live music this is not be missed.
Things to know:
• There are five music venues Thursday through Saturday and two on Sunday. On Saturday, you can also enjoy live music from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. during the Tenth Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue at Beach Central (across the street from Hotel Galvez & Spa). The popular Bathing Beauties Contest featuring 30 bathing beauties donning vintage swimwear is from 5 to 7 p.m. Make sure to make the Revue as part of your weekend.
• Thursday-Saturday Venues: Bubba’s on The Strand (2404 Strand), Yaga’s Café (2314 Strand), Stuttgarden Tavern on The Strand (2110 Strand), Old Quarter Acoustic Café (413 20th Street) and Hotel Galvez (2024 Seawall Blvd). The first four venues are all within walking distance of each other. On Sunday, there are concerts at the 1859 St. Joseph Church (2202 Avenue K) and The Grand 1894 Opera House (2020 Postoffice).
• The majority of concerts are in the evenings with the exception of free concerts held at Hotel Galvez from 2 to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and concerts during the Tenth Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue on Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. Additionally, Drew Kennedy Unplugged is scheduled on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. at St. Joseph Church.
• The Third Coast Music Festival is featuring Americana, Blues, Country, Cajun, Soul, Folk, Funk, Zydeco, Vintage, Latin and other genres. Definitely something for everyone.
• Advance general admission tickets are $50 per person (Festival goers will pick up wristbands at the festival box office at Hotel Galvez, 2024 Seawall Blvd.)
• VIP Wristbands are $125 per person and include access to all performances, VIP events, merchandise and guaranteed admission to the Sunday Rodney Crowell show at The Grand 1894 Opera House.
• If capacity allows, tickets will also be sold at the door at participating venues and are good for that show only.
• Thursday - Mike & The Moonpies
• Friday – The Derailers
• Saturday – Matt Tolentino with Dandy Wellington at the Galveston Island Beach Revue from 4 to 5 p.m.
• Sunday – Rodney Crowell at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• See the Festival Lineup for a detailed schedule and information on bands
Parking and Transportation:
• Parking is available at the parking garages located at 21st & Mechanic and 25th and Strand and on the street.
• If you are a guest at Hotel Galvez & Spa, take advantage of the Galveston Trolley or ask about the hotel’s courtesy shuttle to get downtown. The trolley operates until 7 p.m. Thursday and 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The cost is $1 per person and exact change is required.
o Guests at The Tremont House and Harbor House Hotel are within walking distance of four concert venues.
o Guests at Hotel Galvez can enjoy free concerts in the lobby from 2 to 6 p.m. Thursday and Friday and the Galveston Island Beach Revue on Saturday.
Where to Stay:
• Book your stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa and enjoy free concerts during the day on Thursday and Friday and the Galveston Island Beach Revue on Friday and Saturday.
• For a stay in The Strand Historic District within walking distance of several venues, book your stay at The Tremont House.
• Or if you want to enjoy a harbor view and walk to concert venues, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.