If you love good wine, music and Galveston then plan ahead for the Annual Galveston Island Wine Festival April 20-22, 2018. This festival is one of the most popular on the island for visitors and locals. It’s an opportunity to enjoy amazing wines as well as the Gulf breeze on beautiful Galveston Island. And, we are excited to share that it has returned to its original location, Saengerfest Park in The Strand Historic District.
• On Friday, partake in the Premium Wine Tasting ($108/pp) from 6 to 8 p.m. at Saengerfest Park. You’ll sample all the premium wines from participating vineyards.
• Saturday morning, run those calories off during the No Pagne No Gain 5K Champagne Run at 9 a.m. on the Seawall. Registration options include:
o $35 for 5K only including shirt
o $45 with champagne at end of the race and souvenir glass
o $115 for race registration and admission to Grand Tasting
• Saturday’s Grand Tasting ($72/pp advance purchase) is from 1 to 5 p.m. Admission to the Grand Tasting includes a souvenir wine glass, event program with complete list of wines, samples of more than 100 wines and live entertainment. We recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. And, remember to pace yourself. This is the highlight of the weekend so buy your tickets early.
• As part of the festival, Hotel Galvez’ Sunday Champagne Brunch will feature special menu items inspired by Chef Lance Fegen of F.E.E.D. TX Restaurant Group in Houston. This is a separate cost from the festival. Brunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Advance reservations are recommended and may be made by calling the hotel at (409) 765-7721 or via Open Table for Galvez Bar & Grill.
Parking and Transportation:
• Festival parking is available at the parking garages located at 21st & Mechanic and 25th and Strand.
• If you are a guest at Hotel Galvez & Spa, take advantage of the Galveston Trolley or ask about the hotel’s courtesy shuttle. The trolley is $1 per person and exact change is required. Guests at The Tremont House and Harbor House Hotel are within walking distance of the festival.
Where to Stay:
• Book the Galveston Island Wine Festival Package at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The package includes:
o Two nights of weekend accommodations for Friday, April 20 through Sunday, April 22
o Two tickets to Saturday’s Grand Tasting at Saengerfest Park
o Sunday Brunch for two at the Hotel Galvez featuring items prepared by Chef Lance Fegen of F.E.E.D. TX Restaurant Group in Houston
• For a stay in The Strand Historic District just a block from the festival, book your stay at The Tremont House.
• Or if you want to enjoy a harbor view just four blocks from the festival, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.