Beginning on Thursday, Nov. 5 through Sunday, Nov. 8 Galveston expects more than 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts from across the country for one of the biggest motorcycle rallies in the country, Lone Star Rally.
Why choose Galveston over another motorcycle rally like Sturgis?
• Galveston is easy to navigate and truly scenic. You’ll enjoy views of the Gulf of Mexico, restored historic homes and cool historic buildings. Plus, beachfront hotels, like Hotel Galvez & Spa, are located adjacent to free live concerts and bike shows and are just a five-minute cruise to The Strand District which offers free live concerts, vendors, merchandise, demos and more.
• Lone Star Rally offers three event zones: The Seawall, The Strand and The Harborside Zones. If you get bored in one location, just hop on your bike and take a short ride to another location. Both the Seawall and The Strand will offer free concerts for all four days.
• Are you a fan of Full Throttle Saloon’s Michael Ballard? Then plan on going to “Throttle Fest” at Beach Central Park, 2102 Seawall Blvd. Ballard has decided to take Throttle Fest on the road, so now one of the best events at Sturgis is also at Lone Star. The venue will offer thrill-a-minute cage rides, bikes games and stage acts.
• This year, Lone Star Rally fans can enjoy juried bike shows, classic car and rat rod shows.
• Rock music fans will want to catch former lead vocalist of Bad Company, Brian Howe, on Thursday, Nov. 5 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Budweiser Stage, 23rd & Strand. And, country music fans should look for David Allen Coe on Saturday, Nov. 7 from 5 to 7 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 8 from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Budweiser Stage. Plus, Johnny Cash tribute band Cold Hard Cash will perform Thursday, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., Saturday, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday, 5 to 7 p.m. In total, 18 groups will perform at the Budweiser Stage and 17 at the Jägermeister Stage at Beach Central, 2102 Seawall Blvd.
• And, you’ll want to come back… Galveston Island is thirty-two miles long and no more than three miles wide at its widest point. We have amazing restaurants, great history and plenty to keep you entertained.
Hotel Galvez & Spa is in the perfect location for Lone Star Rally goers. This beachfront hotel is across the street Jägermeister Stage and Bike Shows and a short ride to nearby vendors and demo rides on Seawall Blvd. Hotel Galvez is only 1.5 miles away from all the action in the Strand District including the Budweiser Stage, 23rd & Strand, and Manufacturer/Vendor Market at Pier 21.
Stay current on Lone Star Rally information and special offers through the FREE, official Lone Star Rally smartphone App available in the Apple Store and Google Play.
Book your room now at www.hotelgalvez.com.