Galveston’s Mardi Gras celebration is a time to release your inner reveler, sport your favorite purple, green and gold garb, beg for beads, and, basically, let your hair down. When planning your weekend, you may wonder which Galveston hotels should be your home base for Mardi Gras? A stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House puts you near all the revelry making it convenient to join in the fun.
During the first weekend of Mardi Gras, there are eleven parades and processions that travel through the Uptown Entertainment District. Even the two big seawall parades, Aquarius and Gambrinus, make their way downtown.
Hotel Galvez & Spa is just a five-minute shuttle away from the district and The Tremont House is located in the heart of the Uptown Entertainment District with all the parades and processions passing directly in front of the hotel.
Parades & Processions include:
Friday, Feb. 17
• 5 p.m. – Party Gras! Procession
• 7 p.m. – George P. Mitchell Honoree Parade
• 8 p.m. – Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade (presented by the Galveston County Daily News)
• 10 p.m. – Mardi Gras! Galveston Parade
Saturday, Feb. 18
• 12 p.m. – Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Parade
• 1 p.m. – 6th Annual Zaniest Golf Cart Parade
• 3 p.m. – Krewe D’IHeartMedia Parade
• 6 p.m. – Krewe of Gambrinus Parade
Sunday, Feb. 19 (NEW)
• 1 p.m. – Fiesta Gras Parade Uno
• 2:30 p.m. – Fiesta Gras Parade Dos
• 4 p.m. – Fiesta Gras Parade Tres
Entertainment highlights during the first weekend include country favorite Brandon Rhyder on Feb. 17 at 7:30 p.m.; Zaemon on Feb. 18 at 4:15 p.m. and Sugar Ray at 6 p.m. Electric Mardi Gras headliners include Tropkillaz on Feb. 18 at 10 p.m. and Bright Lights at 11:40 p.m. The new Fiesta Gras! is featuring La Mafia on Feb. 19 at 2:30 p.m.
The second weekend of Mardi Gras is host to twelve parades and processions. Parades & Processions include:
Friday, Feb. 24
• 7 p.m. – Danny Weber Memorial Fire Truck Parade
• 8 p.m. – Krewe Babalu 12th Annual “All Krewe Parade”
• 9:30 p.m. – Krewe De Yaga’s Parade
Saturday, Feb. 25
• 11 a.m. – Krewe d’Espirit Rosaire Parade
• 1 p.m. – Krewe of Who? Processional
• 1 p.m. – Z Krewe 23rd Z Processional Parade
• 2:30 p.m. – Mardi Gras King’s Parade
• 4:30 p.m. – Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler Parade
• 6:30 p.m. – Knights of Momus Grand Night Parade
Sunday, Feb. 26
• 12 p.m. – Shriner’s Hospital for Children & Sunshine Kids Parade
• 1:30 p.m. – Krewe of Barkus & Meoux Parade
• 3 p.m. – Mardi Gras Children’s Parade
Entertainment highlights this weekend include country music stars Stoney LaRue and Mike Ryan on Feb. 24 at 8:30 p.m. and Kiss Alike on Feb. 25 at 11 p.m.
For a complete lineup of entertainment, visit www.mardigrasgalveston.com.
The last parade of the Mardi Gras carnival season is on Fat Tuesday, Feb. 28.
• 6:30 p.m. – Mystic Krewe of Aquarius 21st Annual Fat Tuesday Parade
Travel Tip: Hotel Galvez & Spa offers a Mardi Gras Weekend Package during both weekends of Mardi Gras. The Tremont House Mardi Gras package is only available Feb. 24-26.
Mardi Gras Package at Hotel Galvez
• Deluxe accommodations at the historic Hotel Galvez & Spa
• Complimentary transportation to and from the Uptown Entertainment District
• Complimentary breakfast for two each morning
• Two tickets to the Uptown Entertainment District
• Promo Rate Plan: PKGMGP
Available Feb. 17-19 & Feb. 24-26, 2017 (Enter these dates for package pricing)
Mardi Gras Package at The Tremont House
• Deluxe accommodations
• Two-night stay required, with Friday arrival
• Complimentary valet parking
• Premier parade viewing area Saturday night for the Knights of Momus Grand Parade
• Complimentary buffet breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings
• Complimentary commemorative Mardi Gras beads at check-in
Available Feb. 24-26, 2017 (Enter these dates for package pricing)