This Father’s Day think beyond the power tools and get Dad something he’d really enjoy. Here are ten quick gift ideas for Father’s Day, most of which are available in historic downtown Galveston. Father’s Day is Sunday, June 21, 2015.
1. A Tense Watch which features a Citizens movement and wooden watch band with wood from various parts of the world from The Jewel Garden, 2326 Strand.
2. A knife for your chef, fishing enthusiast, hunter and knife collector in the family from Bear Claw Knife and Shear Galveston, 2311 Strand
3. Anything from The Beef Jerkey Outlet Galveston, 2309 Strand
4. Fog horns, cleats, ship lights or even a Captain’s Wheel from Nautical Antiques & Tropical Décor, 2202 Ship’s Mechanic Row
5. Life is Good shirts and mugs or YETI coolers and accessories from Gracie’s, 2228 Strand.
6. Tickets on Jet Boat Thrill Rides, Pier 21.
7. A family outing to Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast, adjacent to Saengerfest Park, followed by a souvenir photo of the kids dressed as pirates from Buster’s Old Time Photos, 2217 Strand. Ask about discounts.
8. A brass statue of his favorite sea life creature from The Admiralty, Ocean Discoveries, 2211 Strand.
9. Tickets to one of the summer shows at The Grand 1894 Opera House, 2020 Postoffice.
10. A gift certificate for a massage or gentlemen’s facial at The Spa, or a copy of Hotel Galvez: Queen of the Gulf. The spa is offering an “Emperor Treatment” which is only available June 19 through June 22. The 80-minute treatment includes a 50-minute massage with a choice between Swedish, sports and deep tissue and a handshake ready manicure with grooming, exfoliation and a hand massage. For an appointment, call 409.515.2100.