We know that you made Mother’s Day extra special so don’t skimp on Father’s Day. Dad deserves quality time with family and something he’ll use. This year, Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19. Here are ten gift ideas for Father’s Day, most of which are available in historic downtown Galveston.
Quality time with Dad:
1. Book a tour on Texas Pedal Tours, a unique pedal-shuttle touring company. Texas Pedal Tours offers tours daily beginning at 10 a.m. Tours must be scheduled at least two tours before the tour time and vary in length. This is a crazy fun way to explore Galveston.
2. Take Dad on a scavenger hunt via Island Treasure Hunts. Island Treasure offer three self-guided options hunts that highlight different areas of Galveston. Just go to their website and download their app. Current tours are Scavenger on The Strand (Strand, Tremont, Pier 21), Hysterical Historical Hunt (Postoffice, Mansions, Strand), and Seawall Stroll (Hotel Galvez, Pleasure Pier, Seawall).
3. Take Dad to a one of the summer shows at The Grand 1894 Opera House, 2020 Postoffice, and create some memories.
4. Treat Dad to Father’s Day Brunch at Hotel Galvez & Spa. All Dads receive a complimentary glass of locally brewed Galveston Island Brewing’s TIKI Wheat as part of Sunday Brunch that day. Advance reservations are recommended and available via Open Table or by calling (409) 765-7721. Brunch is served weekly from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5. A Tense Watch which features a Citizens movement and wooden watch band with wood from various parts of the world from The Jewel Garden, 2326 Strand.
6. A knife for your chef, fishing enthusiast, hunter and knife collector in the family from Bear Claw Knife and Shear Galveston, 2311 Strand.
7. Anything from The Beef Jerkey Outlet Galveston, 2309 Strand. Plus, it pairs well with beer. You could pair this with a growler from one Galveston Island Brewing, Beerfoot or Brews Brothers.
8. Fog horns, ship lights or even a Captain’s Wheel from Nautical Antiques & Tropical Décor, 2202 Ship’s Mechanic Row. They also offer a great selection of furniture that he’ll love.
9. Life is Good shirts and mugs or YETI coolers and accessories from Gracie’s, 2228 Strand.
10. Buy Dad a MOVA Rotating Globe from The Admiralty, Ocean Discoveries, 2211 Strand.
Travel Tip: You can save 20 percent when staying two consecutive nights Sunday through Thursday at The Tremont House. This discount is also available at Hotel Galvez & Spa.
Book your room at one of these Galveston hotels and plan your next vacation on the Texas Gulf Coast.
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel overnight guests’ downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor and the 1877 Tall Ship ELISSA, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.