Mark your calendar for Galveston’s most popular events in April.
• April 1, 22nd Annual The Grand Kids Festival
• April 1, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”
• April 2, Ironman 70.3 Texas
• April 2, Deepwater Jubilee: Concert at St. Joseph’s Church
• April 6, Galveston Chamber Women’s Conference
• April 6-9, 15th Annual Featherfest and Nature Photofest
• April 8, Wicked Wine Run at East Beach
• April 8, Gritty Goddess 5k Fest at Moody Gardens
• April 8, Deep Water Jubliee: History on Tap with El Galeon & Elissa
• April 8, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Los Vertigos – The Vertigos
• April 8-9, Greater Tuna at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• April 15, 4th Annual Beach and Bay – Come Out and Play at Galveston Island State Park
• April 22, Spa Girl Triathlon at Moody Gardens
• April 22, Kendra Scott Trunk Show at Hotel Galvez & Spa
• April 22-23 Divas Half Marathon at Moody Gardens
• April 23, 7th Annual Rotary Crawfish Boil
• April 23, Free Day at Texas Seaport Museum
• April 23, Nibbles and Sips Tour at Bishop’s Palace
• April 29, The Lofts Tour Downtown Galveston
• April 29, Deep Water Jubilee: Gilded Age Architecture Lecture
• April 29, Midtown Men at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• April 29, Pet-A-Palooza
Upcoming in May
• May 5-6, Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival
• May 6-7 & May 13-14, 43rd Annual Galveston Historic Homes Tour
• May 12-13, Yaga’s Wild Game & BBQ Cook-off
• May 19-21, Galveston Island Beach Revue
• May 20, Jeep Go Topless Day
Plan Ahead for June
• June 3, 31st Annual AIA Sandcastle Competition
• June 10, Galvez Annual Wedding Vow Renewal
• June 10, Galveston Beach Sport Fest
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
Galveston does have Get Me, which operates similar to Uber.
How it works: According to their website, Get Me locates you via GPS as soon as you open the App, so if you want to get picked up at your current location, just tap to request a ride and a driver will accept your request.
You can identify your destination in the App, either before or after you request your ride. You can also select the vehicle type you need. At the end of your ride, you’ll get an In-App receipt as well as an emailed receipt.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.