Summer isn’t quite over yet and there are plenty of reasons to plan your next end of summer getaway. Following are August’s most popular events:
• Ongoing – August 6 (Every Friday & Saturday), Bands on the Sand and Fireworks at Moody Gardens
• Ongoing – August 30 (Every Tuesday), Summer Band Concerts at Ashton Villa
• August 5 & 6, Jeanne Robertson at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• August 6, Galveston Heritage Festival
• August 6, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Pan”
• August 13, Sand Crab 5k/10k Night Run
• August 13, Kendra Scott Gives Back Trunk Show at Hotel Galvez benefitting Daisy’s Friends at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• August 13, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Almost Endless Summer (Oldies)
• Foodie Alert: August 16, National Rum Day - Enjoy $4 off All Rum drinks at Galvez Bar & Grill and the 1888 Toujouse Bar at The Tremont House
• August 20, 30th Annual AIA Sandcastle Competition at East Beach
• August 20, Island Market
• August 27, ArtWalk
Upcoming in September and October
• Craft Beer Alert: September 2-4, Brewmaster’s Craft Beer Festival
• September 2-4, Galveston Island Market Fest
• September 3, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “The Hunger Games”
• September 10, The Texas Tenors at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• September 10, Music Nite on The Strand featuring The Fab 5 (Beatles Tribute Band)
• September 21, 5150 Galveston Olympic Triathlon
• September 23-25, Galveston Island Wild Texas Shrimp Festival
• October 15-16, 19th Annual ARToberfest
• October 21-22, 35th Annual Island Oktoberfest
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.