We all have memories from our favorite vacation along with the trip we want to forget. We want you to leave Galveston reminiscing about the fun so we’ve come up with a short list of ideas of memorable experiences you can enjoy during your next visit.
• Book the Penguin Encounter at Moody Gardens Aquarium
Have you ever seen a penguin up close? The Penguin Encounter takes you behind the scenes to visit with a penguin. No touching but great photos and squeals should be expected. And, you’ll leave with a cool souvenir too.
• Explore Haunted Mayfield Manor in Historic Downtown Galveston
Sure there are plenty of haunted houses during Halloween but did you know Galveston offers a year-round haunted house. Explore Haunted Mayfield Manor any time of year. And, the crazy thing is this historic building is actually haunted.
• Go Horseback Riding at East Beach
There’s something really cool about taking a horse ride along the beach. Galveston Island Horse and Pony Rides can fix you up. Choose between a 30 and 60 minute guided trail ride or book a 75-minute romantic sunset ride.
• Take a Helicopter Ride at East Beach
Enjoy a bird’s eye view of Galveston during an invigorating helicopter tour with Galveston Helicopters. They offer several tour options including a sunset tour.
• Go on a Scavenger Hunt in Galveston
Download the Island Treasure Hunts App and go on a scavenger hunt exploring Galveston’s Historic Downtown or Seawall. There are three tour options to download for a fee. It’s a ton of fun.
• Create your own masterpiece at Clay Cup Studios
Release your inner artist to create your own souvenir of this trip. Paint pottery or canvas or create a glass fusion piece that you’ll treasure.
• Work as a team at one of two Escape Rooms in Galveston.
Escape the Island and the newly opened Galveston Escape Rooms offer a fun way to spend an afternoon or evening. Well, it should only take about an hour.
• Book the Reconnected, A Grand Family Experience at Hotel Galvez
Hotel Galvez & Spa®, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel, is one of five Wyndham Grand hotels and the only one in Texas to offer this new family experience package. Families are given a timed lockbox for their cell phones so they take time to reconnect by reading, creating shadow puppets or building the ultimate blanket fort in their room. This package is only available in the King Sleeper Sofa Suite which offers a parlor with a full-size sofa sleeper and an adjoining king room.
These are all great ideas for creating memories during your next trip to Galveston. Make your next visit something to remember.
Where to Stay:
• For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown and is a block away from a Seawall Trolley stop.
• For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House. The city trolley stops on the same block as the hotel.
• Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.