Galveston Island provides a wide variety of activities to suit any budget. Here’s a quick list of activities that are less than $15.
1. Galveston Children’s Museum, 2618 Broadway, ideal for young children ages 2 to 6. General admission is $7. A combination ticket is available with Moody Mansion.
2. Harbor Tours at Pier 21. There are three harbor excursions that allow guests to learn about Galveston’s port and, more than likely, see a dolphin. All depart from Pier 21. You’ll find the Seagull II docked at the Texas Seaport Museum.
Seagull II Harbor Tour is $10 for adults, $8 for students (6-13) and free for children under 5.
Baywatch Dolphin Tours is $10 for adults and $5 for children (12 and under).
Cruise-N-Time Dolphin Tour is $12 for adults, $8 for children (12 and under).
3. Galveston Railroad Museum, 2602 Santa Fe Place, is a joy for train buffs and children. Check their schedule for their Saturday train rides. Admission to the museum is $10 for adults (13 and up), $8 for seniors, $5 for children (4-12) and children under 3 are free.
4. Pirates Legends of the Gulf Coast, 2313 Harborside Drive (entrance faces Saengerfest Park), is an interesting and entertaining museum focusing on the stories and life of pirates. The kids will love the gift shop. Admission is $10 for adults, $6.75 for children (5-13) and free for children under 5. There is also a combo ticket available for Haunted Mayfield Manor.
5. The Bryan Museum, 1315 21st Street, wonderful way to spend an afternoon experiencing this amazing collections of Southwestern United States art and historic artifacts. Admission prices are $14 for adults, $10 for seniors and students with valid ID, $4 for children (6-12) and free for children under 6.
See our Free Tours blog for more suggestions and enjoy your visit.
Where to Stay in Galveston:
If you are looking for a hotel that’s away from the hubbub of the beachfront, try The Tremont House or Harbor House Hotel & Marina. And, if you prefer a historic beachfront hotel, then definitely book your room at Hotel Galvez & Spa.
Have a great trip!