An important part of a family vacation is taking that perfect holiday photo. During the holiday season Galveston offers some great backdrops for your holiday photos.
Here’s our Five Best Spots for Holiday Photos in Galveston:
1. Hotel Galvez & Spa – Hotel Galvez, located at 2024 Seawall Blvd., is beautifully decorated for the holidays. Snap a family photo in front of the tree in the lobby or near the huge tree on the front lawn. Ask to the concierge for the “Holiday Fun” frame for your Facebook and Instagram post. Free.
2. Hendley Green – Hendley Green, located at 2028 Strand, is another good spot for holiday photos. The park’s Christmas Tree provides a great spot for photos. Free.
3. Saengerfest Park – Saengerfest Park, located at 2302 Strand, offers a huge oversized beach chair, photo frame and Christmas Tree for photos. Take photos at all three and post a collage. Plus, there is a new mural painted on the adjacent building which offers another memorable backdrop for photos. Free.
4. Moody Gardens Festival of Lights and Ice Land: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas! – This holiday attraction, located at One Hope Blvd, is definitely something to add to your itinerary. Festival of Lights takes you through more than a million holiday lights while Ice Land provides an undersea journey made of two million pounds of ice. There will be plenty of photo opportunities throughout. Remember to bring your selfie stick. Paid admission.
5. Galveston’s Beachfront – Put on your favorite holiday attire minus the shoes and roll up your pants for a fun family photo at the beach. A popular spot for photos is on the east side of the island at Beach Town. There’s a walkway near the Porch Café that provides convenient access to the beach. Free.
Tag your photos with #GalvestonChristmas and/or #ItsIslandTime and the Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau may feature your photos on their website. And, include your location.
Where to Stay:
• Hotel Galvez & Spa Holiday Magic Package - Make Hotel Galvez & Spa your choice for a “Holiday Getaway” as Galveston is transformed into the “Winter Wonder Island” of Texas, offering 50 days of holiday fun. Enjoy breakfast for two at Galvez Bar & Grill, two tickets to Moody Gardens’ Ice Land: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas as well as complimentary valet and a courtesy shuttle to the Historic Strand District known for its shopping and dining. Click here to book this package and confirm that RATE CODE: PKGHM is applied.
• Holiday Fun at The Tremont House - Plan your holiday escape at The Tremont House this season as Galveston is transformed into the “Winter Wonder Island” of Texas, offering 50 days of holiday events. Enjoy breakfast for two at Tremont Café, two tickets to Moody Gardens’ Ice Land: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas and complimentary valet. The Tremont House is the only hotel located in the heart of the Historic Strand District. Click here to book this package and confirm that RATE CODE: PKGHM is applied.
Both packages are available Nov. 12 through Dec. 30, 2016.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.