We've revised the "Five Best Spots for Holiday Photos in Galveston" to include the new expanded Downtown Lanterns and Lights. We all know an important part of a family vacation is taking that perfect photo and Galveston offers some great backdrops for your holiday photos.
Here's our Five Best Spots for Holiday Photos in Galveston:
1. Hotel Galvez & Spa - Hotel Galvez, located at 2024 Seawall Blvd., is beautifully decorated for the holidays. Snap a family photo in front of the tree in the lobby or at the 35-foot tree on the front lawn. Ask to the concierge for the "Holiday Fun" frame for your Facebook and Instagram post. Free.
2. Hendley Green - Hendley Green, located at 2028 Strand, is another good spot for holiday photos. The park's Christmas Tree provides a great spot for photos. Free.
3. Downtown Lanterns and Lights - Saengerfest Park, located at 2302 Strand, offers a huge holiday display of the 30-foot façade of Jacob Marley's office building as depicted in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and an oversized photo frame. This is picture perfect for photos both day and night. You'll also find trees and snowman at 21st and Postoffice Street. Free. Tip: Look for the holiday mural on 22nd and Strand.
4. Moody Gardens Festival of Lights and Ice Land - This annual holiday attraction, located at One Hope Blvd, is definitely something to add to your itinerary. Festival of Lights takes you through more than a million holiday lights while Ice Land provides an undersea journey made of two million pounds of ice. There will be plenty of photo opportunities throughout. Remember to bring your selfie stick. Paid admission.
5. Galveston's Beachfront - Put on your favorite holiday attire minus the shoes and roll up your pants for a fun family photo at the beach. A popular spot for photos is on the east side of the island at Beach Town. There's a walkway near the Porch Café that provides convenient access to the beach. Free.
Tag your photos with #GalvestonChristmas and/or #LoveGalveston and the Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau may feature your photos on their website. And, include add your location.
Where to Stay:
- For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
- For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Hotel Galvez and Spa and The Tremont House offer a Magical Winter Lights Package with two discounted tickets to the festival and a 10% discount at the hotel. See their special offers.
- Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.
If you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, we recommend Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.