Take a break from the beach and enjoy some fun for the whole family. If your children are ages 2 to 10, you’ll definitely want to add the Galveston Children’s Museum to your itinerary for your next Galveston visit.
1. Summer Engineering Camps! Sign up for one or all five to explore Gooey and Slimy (polymers), Light up (electrical circuits), Wiggly (mini-bots) or come and tinker around with circuits. Each camp is three hours long and different camps are offered each day. Snacks are included.
2. Children’s Museum Dancing Skeleton! The character mirror reveals 3 different body systems: skeletal, circulatory and nervous which mirror your moves showing how bones, veins and arteries and nerves look as you walk, jump and wiggle.
3. The Stroke of Genius art room! Every day the Children’s Museum offers four or more fun open-ended art activities designed to spark creativity.
4. Moody Mansion & Children’s Museum Combo Ticket! Purchase tickets for the mansion tour and you can purchase Children’s Museum ticket for half price. (The property has a picnic area, pack lunch and take your time)
5. Family Free Nights! Galveston Children’s Museum is open the second Thursday from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. each month for families to come and play for FREE!
Galveston Children’s Museum opened in 2014 and operates Monday through Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m. (summer hours). During the school year, the Museum is closed Mondays. Admission is $7 per person for ages 2 and older including adults.
The Galveston Children’s Museum is located at the Moody Mansion, 2618 Broadway. For more information, call 409-572-2544.
Other family favorites located nearby include:
• Galveston Island Railroad Museum, 25th & Strand
• Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast, 2313 Harborside Drive
• Galveston Harbor Tours, Pier 21
• Baywatch Dolphin Tours, Pier 21
• Sun Time Watersports, Pier 21
• Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig & Museum, Pier 19
Travel Tip: You can save 20 percent when booking two consecutive nights Sunday through Thursday at The Tremont House or Hotel Galvez & Spa, two of the closest Hotels to the Museum.
Book your room at one of these Galveston hotels for your next vacation on the Texas Gulf Coast. Beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House. Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21. Courtesy shuttles run between the properties all afternoon and evening so you can experience the island without the hassle of driving, plus the Hotel Galvez pool is open to The Tremont House and Harbor House guests at no charge.