Brides and Grooms often spend a year or more planning their Wedding. They plan colors, flowers, the schedule of events, food, you name it and it has to be planned. Couples even plan welcome gifts for their guests and this can be difficult. Between budget and originality we are always looking for a great idea to put in those welcome gifts. We have a few recommendations from Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House that are guaranteed to make a lasting impression.
• Inexpensive Flip Flops- you can do them in the colors of your Wedding, or random hues, you can have them pre-stamped with the Bride and Groom’s name and leave plain. No matter the time of year, this is the preferred style of footwear on the island for walking on the beach across from Hotel Galvez & Spa, coming in or going out to the pool, or after hours of dancing the night away while celebrating your loved one’s Wedding.
• Island Guides- These can be picked up for free from the Galveston Island Convention and Visitor’s Center located right down the Street from the Tremont House on the corner of Tremont Street and Church. They can also supply you with maps of the local area that will be great for your guests to enjoy their free time before preparing for your special event.
• La King’s Famous Saltwater Taffy- Surprise your friends and family with authentic Taffy made and packaged right on the Strand. Take the Hotel Galvez shuttle to The Tremont House and walk around the corner and watch them make your batch. A few pieces will sweeten anyone’s day, the sweet and savory combination will hold guests over as they wait for your matrimonial feast.
• A Recovery Kit- Put together some individual packs of Aspirin, small toothpaste, some breath mints, and perhaps a couple of Band-Aids for those who did not change into the flip flops. Put the items in a snack sized Ziploc which can often be found in festive patterns at your local party store.
• A Timeline of Events for Your Wedding- Your guests will appreciate you for giving them a schedule and your planner is bound to give you a hug. Tell them about spa appointments for the Wedding Party, golf plans for the Groom’s men, or the Bridal Luncheon overlooking the pool. Use pre-decorated card stock and make them personal as well as whimsical. Remember after all your planning you want them to be in the right place at the right time.
Weddings are a magical time full of excitement and fun. Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House have Wedding specialists available to help you arrange the day of your dreams, contact them through the Catering department at 409-515-2161 or on our websites www.hotelgalvez.com or www.thetremonthouse.com.