Welcome to Downtown Galveston. While you may know this as a National Historic Landmark area and you may love the Strand and it’s array of shops; did you know that this is charmed location is home to a variety of artists, writers, musicians and lovers of all things natural.
Plan to come spend a day and experience a taste of this community culture.
• Book an appointment at Hooked on Acupuncture on Market Street where they can assist you with a variety of pain and stress relieving treatments. If the needles are not for you there is always a unique class going on at Yoga Haven located right down the way.
• Oasis Juice Bar is the place to grab an organic beverage and healthy meal.
• Visit to the community garden complete with goats and chickens that produce local products for the Sunday morning Farmer’s Market.
• Olympia Grill at Pier 21 is waiting for you at dinner, with amazing selections filled with freshness, flavor. The greatest view of the Harbor can be found on this patio.
• The Proletariat on Market and 23rd offers a selection of craft beer and wine. Spend some time “waxing philosophical”, writing in the house journal, surveying the current art display, or just quietly taking it all in.
You may discover a whole new side of yourself, or you could be faced with an epiphany about life, but have no doubt after this get away you will never be the same. Come join the fun.
If you want to be in the heart of the Historic Strand District, The Tremont House.
If you want to enjoy a view of the harbor during your getaway, Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.
If you want to see the sunrise, Hotel Galvez & Spa.