While getting outdoors to fish Galveston, there are a couple local recommendations to fish and explore. If you need gear, live bait or fresh dead bait, visit the local favorites for all of your fishing essentials.
Best Bait Shops in Galveston…
• Aunt Margie’s Bait and Seafood, known for their hospitality, quality and fully stocked products and baits located centrally on 61st.
• Island Seafood & Bait, Anyone could purchase fresh delicious seafood or buy alive or dead bait at this one stop shop heading into Galveston.
• Galveston Country Club, if you’re headed to the West end of the island, the oldest country club in Texas have their very own bait shop with live and dead shrimp available for purchase alongside Waterman’s Restaurant and Sand Bar.
• Galveston Bait and Tackle, sells quality bait and tackle. Additionally, this bait shop is located right off the water on Broadway. The added perk about this shop is they rent kayaks for fishing in the bay.
Local Fishing Hot Spots…
• Jimmy’s on the Pier, This restaurant and pier is a local favorite for fishing and good food. Jimmy’s on the pier offers great menu choices, cocktails, and a relaxing hang out setting located off the Seawall.
• The Surf, Fishing the surf off the seawall at any beach location in Galveston offers angles with an assortment of game species. From a local’s standpoint, the best time to fish the surf is around sunset when the water calms down.
• The Galveston Fishing Pier, One of the most popular spots to fish in Galveston because of the wide variety of species caught at this land location.
• West End Marina, whether you’re fishing from the land or in a boat, the oldest marina in Texas has some authentic and historical fishing to offer anglers.