Everyone needs a holiday bucket list to create new memories. Here's a list ten things to check off your holiday bucket list.
1. Take a picture with the Happy Holidays Christmas frame at Saengerfest Park, 23rd and Strand. The frame is part of Downtown Lanterns and Lights. Remember to tag #GalvestonChristmas
2. Buy some ribbon candy at La King's Confectionary. #TravelTip This is the only time of year La King's makes this holiday treat.
3. Buy a Cider Deer at Hendley Market. Brew it a home and enjoy "An enchanting beverage blend of citrus, sugar and spice. Guaranteed to make your nights warm, fuzzy and bright." And, you can add a little brandy for "extra cheer."
4. Have a drink in Shivers Ice Bar at Moody Garden's Ice Land: Rainforest Holiday. Tickets are $26.95 for adults and $21.95 for children and seniors.
5. Enjoy a Sparkling Red Ribbon or a Candy Cane Martini while staying cozy at one of the fire pit tables at The Rooftop Bar at The Tremont House. Don't be shy, remember this is Texas… so if there's space at the fire pit table make new friends and ask to join them.
6. Take a trolley ride in the new trolleys. They are beautifully decorated for the holidays. Thank you City of Galveston.
7. Browse your favorite stores in Downtown Galveston and pick out your favorite Christmas Tree or look for the new Christmas Murals on The Strand for selfies.
8. Take a self-guided bicycle tour of the East End Historic District and enjoy the holiday decorations. #TravelTip Hotel Galvez offers courtesy bikes to guests or rent a bike at nearby Island Bicycle. Guests at The Tremont House can rent an electric bike at Zipp-E-Bikes. See our blog on Best Bike Routes.
9. Pre-order a Pecan Pie at Gaido's Restaurant. Yes, they are worth every penny.
10. The most important item to check off your holiday bucket list is to take a holiday photo on the beach. Ask a friendly beach goer to help if needed. Santa hats are suggested… Maybe add a holiday message in the sand.
We hope you enjoy Galveston this holiday season and come back next year.
Where to Stay:
• For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
• For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
• Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.