It’s not too early to think about plans for your company holiday party. And, of course, you want this year to be better than the last. We asked our experts for this season’s most popular trends.
Top Holiday Trends include:
1. Create a festive ornament wall for a background for photos.
2. Offer a Thin & Crispy Breadstick Bar with Assorted Dips.
3. People love comfort foods – offer something fun like Pigs in a Blanket served atop a shot of beer.
4. Provide a Hot Chocolate Bar with graham cracker-crusted marshmallows.
5. Serve creative “mocktails” that are just as appealing as alcoholic beverages. Garnish clear glass jars with candy canes as a garnish or freeze peppermints in ice cubes to add to the drinks.
6. Serve candy cane and gingerbread martinis.
7. Consider offering food stations rather than a buffet.
8. Bring back the Wii or, better yet, Wii Rock Band.
9. Make your party more like a New Year’s Eve party as many people don’t or can’t go out on Dec. 31 these days.
Talk to your catering sales manager for ideas on how to personalize your Holiday party and make it a one-of-a-kind memorable evening for guests.
The Tremont Ballroom in the 1890 Davidson Building can host events for up to 575 guests or 600 for a standing reception. The ballroom can also be subdivided for smaller events. The Davidson Annex on the first floor can host up to 150 guests. Or opt for the popular Sam Houston Room for groups of 160.
The Music Hall and the Terrace Ballroom-Veranda are the most popular choices at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The Music Hall can host up to 300 guests for seated event or 500 for a standing reception while the combined space of the Terrace Ballroom and Veranda can host up to 375 guests.
Ask about our new holiday party package. For more information on space at The Tremont House and Hotel Galvez & Spa, contact the catering department at (409) 515-2161 or visit hotelgalvez.com and thetremonthouse.com (see holiday party package).
Construction Update: Look for extended stay options at The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel, in early 2018. Mitchell Historic Properties (MHP), which owns the hotel, is currently working on converting the 1858 Berlocher Building, located at 2311-2313 Mechanic Street, to fourteen luxury, extended-stay guest rooms with fully-furnished kitchens, high-end furnishings for living and dining space featuring one to two king-sized bedrooms. These rooms would be added to The Tremont House inventory and targeting extended stay guests. This project does not affect the Tremont Ballroom housed in the 1890 Davidson Building located on the west side of the block.