Hotel Galvez & Spa is widely recognized for its outstanding Sunday Brunch. Brunch is served weekly on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the East Promenade and Peacock Alley. Brunch goers are typically seated in hotel’s restaurant and veranda, and, occasionally, in the terrace ballroom. And, the good news is that all seating is close to the food. Plus, you’ll be experiencing one of the Top 100 Brunch Restaurants in the United States according to OpenTable diners so you can check that off your bucket list.
For many Galvestonians, Sunday Brunch at Hotel Galvez is a family tradition on special occasions as well as holidays so we asked locals to share their insider tips on their favorite brunch items.
1. Cheese Blintzes and anything from the carving station. You’ll find the cheese blintzes with the entrees and the carving station is not to be missed. Prime rib is always served at the carving station while the second offering is typically bourbon glazed ham.
2. Eggs Benedict. It’s a brunch standard and never disappoints. Make sure you add a serving of Applewood smoked bacon and sausage.
3. Seafood Gumbo. The hotel’s award winning Seafood Gumbo is always offered along with a second soup option.
4. Crab Claws and more crab claws. Just look for the huge ice sculpture and you’ll find the seafood display which is filled with boiled shrimp and crab claws.
5. Made-to-order omelet station. The hotel’s seasoned culinary veterans will prepare your omelet with all your favorite ingredients.
6. Made-to-order pasta bar. Choose from Alfredo sauce or marinara sauce, along with a variety of pasta and add-ons include vegetables, chicken or shrimp.
7. Desserts, desserts, desserts. On a regular Sunday, you’ll find the desserts in Peacock Alley in route to the Veranda. During a holiday brunch, like Easter and Mother’s Day, the desserts are served in the Terrace Ballroom. You’ll be overwhelmed by the multitude of offerings.
8. Mimosas, we would be remiss if we failed to mention this perfect accompaniment for your meal. The hotel staff will keep your glass filled with this divine refreshment throughout your stay.
In addition to our favorites, you’ll find fresh bread and pastries, fruit, salads, a waffle bar and an ever changing offering of entrees tailored to the season. Visit the dining section of the Hotel Galvez website for a sample menu.
Keep in mind that as part of the 2016 Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival, Hotel Galvez’ April 17 Sunday Champagne Brunch will feature special menu items inspired by Chef Lance Fegen of Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar. Fegen’s menu offers a Hawaiian Poke Station with Pupukea-Style Tuna & Tako and Classic Shoyu Salmon served with cucumber and warm white rice base. Custom add-ins for the entrée include mango, furikake, wasabi peas, avocado, chiles, and seaweed.
Sunday Brunch at Hotel Galvez is $42.99 for adults, $37.99 for seniors, $26.99 for children ages 6-11, and complimentary for children under age 6.
For reservations for Sunday Brunch, please call 409.765.7721 or book via OpenTable at: http://www.opentable.com/galvez-bar-and-grill.
Remember to commemorate brunch with a great selfie and hashtag #GalvezBrunch. Bon Appetit!
Where to Stay:
• For a beach view with history and, of course, Sunday Brunch, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
• For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
• Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.