Galveston’s summer calendar is filled with free events, shows at The Grand and more. Also, check with your favorite attractions for special events and unique tours. New to Pier 21 is Texas Pedal Tours.
• Ongoing – August 6 (Every Friday & Saturday), Bands on the Sand and Fireworks at Moody Gardens
• Ongoing – August 30 (Every Tuesday), Summer Band Concerts at Ashton Villa
• Summer Santa Sightings: July 1-31, Santa diving at Moody Gardens Aquarium Pyramid (2 p.m. daily)
• Summer Santa Sightings: July 2, Surfing with Santa at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark
• Summer Santa Sightings: July 2, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “A Christmas Story” (1983)
• July 4, July 4th Parade & Fireworks Display
• Foodie Alert: July 10, National Pina Colada Day – $4 off Pina Coladas at Galvez Bar & Grill and the 1888 Toujouse Bar at The Tremont House
• July 9, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Ruckus (Rock)
• July 15, Kendra Scott Gives Back Trunk Show at Hotel Galvez benefitting Galveston Arts Center
• Summer Santa Sightings: July 16, Visit with Santa at ArtWalk at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• July 17, Surf Dog Competition
• July 16, ArtWalk
• July 16, Island Market
• July 16, Jaston Williams and Lauren Lane starring in “A Wolverine Walks into a Bar” at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• July 21-23, Texas Race Week Regatta
• Summer Santa Sightings: July 23, Santa’s Undersea Voyage at SpongeBob SubPants Adventure at Moody Gardens
• July 23, Galveston Island Brewing Second Annual Pub Crawl (Check-in at noon at The Tremont House)
• July 23, Kendra Scott Gives Back Trunk Show at Hotel Galvez benefitting Galveston Arts Center
• July 23, Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two-Woman Show at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• Foodie Alert: July 29, National Lasagna Day - In celebration of National Lasagna Day enjoy a serving of Lasagna, garden salad, and garlic breadsticks for $10 Galvez Bar & Grill and Tremont Café with purchase of lunch or dinner (excludes room service)
Upcoming in August and September
• August 6, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Pan”
• August 13, Sand Crab 5k/10k Night Run
• August 13, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Almost Endless Summer (Oldies)
• Foodie Alert: August 16, National Rum Day - Enjoy $4 off All Rum drinks at Galvez Bar & Grill and the 1888 Toujouse Bar at The Tremont House
• August 20, Island Market
• August 27, ArtWalk
• Craft Beer Alert: September 2-4, Brewmaster’s Craft Beer Festival
• September 2-4, Galveston Island Market Fest
• September 23-25, Galveston Island Wild Texas Shrimp Festival
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.