Galveston’s summer calendar is filled with free events, shows at The Grand and more. Also, check with your attractions for special events and unique tours. New to Pier 21 is Texas Pedal Tours.
• June 3-5, Covettes Cruisin’ Galveston
• June 4, 30th Annual AIA Sandcastle Competition
• June 4, Kendra Gives Back Trunk Show benefitting Galveston Island Human Society at Hotel Galvez, 2-6 p.m.
• June 4, ArtWalk
• June 4-5, Clean Galveston’s Back Yard Garden Tour
• June 4, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “Dr. No” (1962 James Bond Movie)
• June 4 – August 6 (Every Friday & Saturday), Bands on the Sand and Fireworks at Moody Gardens
• June 7 – August 30 (Every Tuesday), Summer Band Concerts at Ashton Villa
• June 8 – Galvez Ghost Tour Dinner (advance reservations required)
• June 9, Galvez Ghost Tour Dinner (SOLD OUT)
• Foodie Alert: June 14, National Strawberry Shortcake Day – Free strawberry shortcake dessert at Galvez Bar & Grill and Tremont Café with purchase of lunch or dinner (excludes room service)
• Foodie Alert: June 19, National Martini Day - $4 off all martinis at Galvez Bar & Grill and the 1888 Toujouse Bar at The Tremont House
• June 11, Music Nite on The Strand featuring The Blaggards (Irish Rock & Roll)
• June 10, 105th Anniversary of Hotel Galvez
• June 11, Hotel Galvez Wedding Vow Renewal
• June 18, Island Market
• June 19, Father’s Day Brunch at Hotel Galvez
• June 19, Great Texas Catamaran Race
• June 24, Kendra Gives Back Trunk Show benefitting Galveston Island Human Society at Hotel Galvez, 4-8 p.m.
• June 25, “One-Man Star Wars Trilogy” at The Grand 1894 Opera House
Upcoming in July
• July 2, Movie Nite on The Strand featuring “A Christmas Story” (1983)
• July 4, July Fourth Parade & Fireworks Display
• July 9, Music Nite on The Strand featuring Ruckus (Rock)
• July 13, Galvez Ghost Tour Dinner (advance reservations required)
• July 14, Galvez Ghost Tour Dinner (SOLD OUT)
• July 16, ArtWalk
• July 16, Jaston Williams and Lauren Lane starring in “A Wolverine Walks into a Bar” at The Grand 1894 Opera House
• July 21-23, Texas Race Week Regatta
• July 23, Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two-Woman Show
Seawall and Downtown Parking Tips
The City of Galveston charges for parking along Seawall Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily from 6th to 69th Streets and from 81st to 103rd Streets. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at a participating business. The location code is 5004. You will need the location code when using this App. Parking is $1/hour.
The City of Galveston charges for parking in the Central Business District (downtown including The Strand District and Postoffice) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visitors can pay via PayByPhone or at pay stations. The location code is 5689. You will need the location code when using this App. Downtown Parking is $1.50/hour.
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce operates a Visitors Center at 2228 Mechanic (just one block from The Tremont House) or look for the maps posted throughout downtown. Keep in mind that if you book two consecutive nights Sunday through Thursday at Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House you could save 20% (subject to availablity).
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.