We asked some locals about their favorite places and meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner and here's what we heard back.
You absolutely must try Sunday Brunch at Hotel Galvez & Spa which was just named to the 2015 Top 100 Best Restaurants in America by OpenTable diners.
Bloody Mary Bar
Tremont Café at The Tremont House, 2300 Ship's Mechanic Row - Available on weekends: Create your own Bloody Mary with Tito's Vodka
- Trattoria La Vigna, 412 20th Street - Try the Lemon Chicken or Pollo alla Griglia
- Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, 2107 Postoffice - Try the Fried Oyster or Shrimp Po Boy or Seafood Gumbo
- Brews Brothers, 2404 Strand - Try the Mission from God Burger with 5150 patty (half beef and half bacon)
- Shark Shack Beach Bar & Grill,
- Galvez Bar & Grill, 2024 Seawall - Order any of the Texas Size Po Boys
- Riondo's Ristorante, 2328 Strand. Order the Gamberi Scampi.
- Hearsay on The Strand, 2410 Strand. Check out the Shrimp Lobster Risotto.
- Mama Teresa's Flying Pizza, 416 21st Street - Try the Spicy Crab Claws and the Mama Veggie
- Rudy & Paco's, 2028 Postoffice - Try the Filete de Pargo Parilla (snapper with cilantro cream sauce) and Atun a la Parrilla (tuna with cognac mustard sauce), and Ropa Vieja
This informal list is just a small sampling of all the dining options in Galveston. Lucky for residents, Galveston is home to a huge selection of locally owned, family restaurants for both locals and visitors to enjoy.
Book Your Hotel:
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
For a stay in The Historic Strand District, book your stay at The Tremont House.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.