Did you forget to make plans for Thanksgiving? We made some calls and compiled a list of restaurants that will be open on Thanksgiving Day in Galveston.
• Tremont Café at The Tremont House, 2300 Mechanic, is offering a pre-set meal for lunch and dinner from noon to 8 p.m. The Thanksgiving meal offers Texas Pecan & Wisconsin Cranberry Stuffed Turkey Breast Roulade, Smoked Gouda Horseradish Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans Champignon, and Pumpkin Pie with Vanilla Speckled Chantilly, Praline Bourbon Sauce & Chocolate Tuille. The price is $29 per person. Guests have the option to dine or take-out. The café is casual and you order at the counter.
If you are looking for something casual:
• Brews Brothers, 2404 Strand, is open for lunch and dinner and serving its famous burgers and craft beer. (409) 763-2739 (tentative)
• Stuttgarden Tavern on The Strand, 2110 Strand, is open at 6 p.m. for dinner and drinks and features traditional German dishes and pub fare. (409) 497-4972.
• O’Malley’s Stage Door, 2022 Postoffice, is open at 4 p.m. and the kitchen serves deli sandwiches and 100 types of beer. (409) 763-1731.
If you are looking for a nearby restaurant to dine:
• Gypsy Joynt, 2711 Market, is open from 2 to 5 p.m. for dinner and will offer a pre-set meal for $30. Reservations are suggested due to limited seating. Call (409) 497-2069.
• Fisherman’s Wharf, Pier 21, is open and offering a four-course dinner. They recommend reservations but will accept walk-ins.
• Gumbo Diner, 3602 Seawall, is open and offering a Turkey and Dressing Blue Plate Special.
Sorry folks but Thanksgiving Brunch at Hotel Galvez & Spa is filled.
Note: Hotel Galvez & Spa will begin taking reservations for Christmas Brunch on Tuesday, Nov. 28.
Did you book your room?
Where to Stay:
• Hotel Galvez & Spa is offering a Holiday Magic Package. Enjoy breakfast for two at Galvez Bar & Grill, two tickets to Moody Gardens’ Ice Land: Rainforest Holiday as well as complimentary valet and a courtesy shuttle to the Historic Strand District known for its shopping and dining.
• Holiday Fun at The Tremont House. The Tremont puts you in the heart of historic downtown Galveston. Enjoy breakfast for two at Tremont Café, two tickets to Moody Gardens’ Ice Land: Rainforest Holiday and complimentary valet when booking the holiday package.
Both packages are available through Jan. 6, 2018.
• Harbor House Hotel & Marina. Harbor House is the only hotel located at Pier 21 and is walkable to several of these restaurants.