The Grand 1894 Opera House is one of those amazing gems that can only be found in Galveston. In addition to the regular season, this historic theater offers five shows during the summer months.
This summer, enjoy Greater Tuna’s Jaston Williams I’m Not Lying! (June 23), An Evening with Bill Engvall (July 7), Dixie’s Tupperware Party (July 21), The Texas Tenors (Aug. 4), and An Evening with Robert Earl Keen (Aug. 25).
If you have never seen a show at The Grand, here’s why…
Six reasons to see a show at The Grand 1894 Opera House:
1) No seat is further than 70 feet from the stage so you can see everything.
2) The acoustics in this 1894 theatre are amazing so you'll hear everything.
3) The close proximity to the stage allows you to see the facial expressions of the entertainers without binoculars.
4) Even the seats that are considered “obstructed” view, making them less expensive, are good.
5) You can purchase an adult beverage in one of their “sippy cups” and bring it in the theatre. Always a bonus.
6) You might actually run into the performers in downtown Galveston at one of the area restaurants or shopping. Great selfie opportunity.
Make it a weekend getaway and book your tickets at www.thegrand.com. We promise you’ll love it.
Nearby hotels include:
The Tremont House (0.4 miles/7-minute walk)
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21 (0.3 miles/7-minute walk)
Hotel Galvez & Spa (1.1 miles/5-minute drive)
Ask the hotel about a courtesy shuttle to the theatre.