Spring Break is a popular time of year for families to visit Galveston Island. Galveston’s beaches and the variety of family friendly activities can easily pack a schedule if you want to stay busy during Spring Break.
Spring Break Top Ten for Galveston for Families
1. 32 miles of beaches including the beachfront along the Seawall and beach parks, such as Stewart Beach, East Beach, Pocket Parks and the Galveston Island State Park
• Tip: Register your car for Seawall parking at www.paybyphone.com
2. Galveston Island Pleasure Pier offers 16 rides, a midway and more
• Tip: It’s a five-minute walk from Hotel Galvez & Spa
3. Schlitterbahn Waterpark Galveston, a fun alternative to the beach
• Tip: Schlitterbahn is open daily from March 11-19, 2017 for Spring Break
• Tip: Visit the pirate museum and catch the movie at Pier 21
5. Jet Boat Thrill Rides at Pier 21, operated by Galveston Water Adventures
• Tip: Open daily for Spring Break from March 4-31, 2017
• Second tip: It’s likely you’ll get wet but it’s fun
6. Fishing from rock groins, public fishing piers or charters
• Tip: Galveston Island State Park offers a Tackle Loaner Program (rods, reels and stocked tackle boxes)
7. Horse and carriage rides on The Strand
• Tip: You’ll find carriages stations on The Strand
• Tip: Moody Gardens now offers a five-tier ropes course and zip line
9. See a dolphin during a harbor tour
• Tip: There are two harbor excursions at Pier 21, Baywatch Dolphin Tours and Galveston Harbor Tours at the Texas Seaport Museum
• Tip: They can get busy on weekends so opt for a weekday visit and enjoy a variety of family friendly board games
After a long day of sightseeing, we always recommend a trip to The Historic Strand District for shopping, dining and maybe some ice cream at La King’s Confectionery or Hey Mikey’s. Nearby Pier 21 is also a popular spot for dining and offers a view of the harbor.
If you are looking for a hotel that’s away from the hubbub of the beachfront, try The Tremont House or Harbor House Hotel & Marina.
Happy Spring Break!