Yes, it’s going to be a beautiful weekend in Galveston this Father’s Day so to make life easy here’s eight suggestions on things to do with Dad.
1. Book your hotel room! Mom – this is probably your area so surprise Dad with a weekend in Galveston this year. Hotel Galvez & Spa is great for beach goers. The Tremont House is a fun spot to enjoy downtown Galveston and The Strand. Or, stay at Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21 for a harbor view.
2. Enjoy dinner with the kids at Olympia The Grill at Pier 21. The cool part is they have a belly dancer on Friday and Saturday nights. The show begins at about 7:30 p.m. Dad and the kids will enjoy.
3. Go fishing, hiking, birding or swimming at the Galveston Island State Park.
4. Visit Seawolf Park on Pelican Island. You can fish at Seawolf Park and take a tour of a WWII submarine and one of three remaining destroyer escorts in the world.
5. Visit the Lone Star Flight Museum. This museum has an amazing collection of restored aircraft. Call in advance if you want to splurge and treat Dad to a once in a lifetime ride on a warbird.
6. Take a harbor tour. You have several options at Pier 21 including Galveston Harbor Tours, Baywatch Dolphin Tours and Jet Boat Thrill Rides.
7. If Dad is a history buff, take him to the new Bryan Museum. This museum officially opens Friday, June 19 and is home to the largest collection of historical artifacts, documents and art related to the Southwestern United States.
8. Take Dad to Sunday Brunch at Hotel Galvez & Spa. In honor of Father’s Day, Hotel Galvez and Galveston Island Brewing are treating all Dads to his favorite drink… beer. In addition to the customary champagne and mimosas served during brunch, Dad can enjoy a glass of locally brewed TIKI Wheat. Brunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and advance reservations are recommended. Make your reservation via Open Table or by calling 409.515.2145.