We are counting down for Lone Star Rally 2018. Polish up your chrome and pull out your favorite getup for the biggest motorcycle rally in Texas. Beginning Thursday, Nov. 1 through Sunday, Nov. 4, Galveston expects more than 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts from across the country for one of the biggest motorcycle rallies in the country and the biggest in Texas - Lone Star Rally.
Here are our tips to make the best out of Lone Star Rally in Galveston:
• Book your room early... The best location for rally is the heart of The Strand District and the only hotel located in this area is The Tremont House. You are just a block away from the Downtown Stage and the majority of vendors. If you missed out on booking your room, the good news is the second best location is just a mile away at Hotel Galvez & Spa. Hotel Galvez is directly across the street from the Beach Central Stage. Either hotel is a great choice for rally.
• Download the Lone Star Rally app for IPhone or Androids for the weekend. The app offers concert schedules, updates, maps and weather.
• Lone Star Rally offers three event zones: The Seawall, The Strand and Pier 21. If you want a change of scenery in one location, just hop on your bike and take a short ride to another location. Both the Seawall and The Strand offer free concerts for all four days.
• Choose between the Budweiser Stage at Saengerfest Park (Downtown Galveston) or Progressive Stage at Beach Central (Seawall) for four days of live music.
Budweiser Stage concerts begin at noon with the last band performing at 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 4 p.m. Sunday. Look for these headliners:
- Nov. 1, 5 p.m. - ZZ-3
- Nov. 1, 7:30 p.m.; Nov. 2, 7:30 p.m.; & Nov. 3, 7:30 p.m. - Bobby Friss
- Nov. 1, 10 p.m.; Nov. 2, 10 p.m.; & Nov. 3, 10:30 p.m. - Hairball
- Nov. 1, 2:30 p.m.; Nov. 2, 2:30 p.m.; & Nov. 3, 2:30 p.m. - Zack Tate
- Nov. 2, 5 p.m. & Nov. 4, 4:45 p.m. - Miss Intent
- Nov. 3, 5 p.m. - Highway to Hell AC/DC Tribute
- Nov. 3, 12:30 p.m. & Nov. 4, 12 p.m. - Cold Hard Cash
- Nov. 4, 2 p.m. - Count 77's
The Progressive Stage concerts also start at noon and the last band performs at 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Look for these headliners:
- Nov. 1, 3 p.m. & Nov. 2, 2:30 p.m. - Cold Hard Cash
- Nov. 1, 5 p.m. & Nov. 3, 5 p.m. - Miss Intent
- Nov. 1, 8 p.m. - Vince Neil voice of Motley Crew
- Nov. 2, 4:30 p.m.; and Nov. 3, 2:30 p.m. - ZZ-3
- Nov. 2, 6:30 p.m. - Highway to Hell AC/DC Tribute
- Nov. 2, 9 p.m. - Bret Michaels
- Nov. 3, 10 p.m. - Whiskey Hangover
• Look for these events - Ride in Custom Bike Show on Saturday at Beach Central. Free sign up from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Awards at 4:30 p.m. Best of Show gets full feature in Cycle Source Magazine. Perewitz Paint Show on Saturday at Hotel Galvez. Registration is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with Show Hours from 1 to 4 p.m. Check the website or app for details.
• Enjoy the ride - Galveston is easy to navigate and truly scenic. You'll love the vista over the causeway as you arrive on the island. Plus, enjoy the beach view of the Gulf of Mexico as you cruise down the seawall and the cool historic buildings throughout downtown. There are designated motorcycle traffic areas on the Seawall and Downtown. If you are traveling down 25th Street, make sure to be cautious around the trolley tracks. There are also tracks in parts of downtown.
• And, you'll want to come back… Galveston Island is thirty-two miles long and no more than three miles wide at its widest point. We have amazing restaurants, great history and plenty to keep you entertained.
Book your room at these preferred rally hotels:
• The Tremont House is located in the heart of The Strand Historic District and rally.
• Hotel Galvez & Spa is located on Seawall Blvd and directly across from the Beach Central Stage.
• Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.