Polish up your chrome and pull out your favorite getup for the biggest motorcycle rally in Texas. Beginning Thursday, Nov. 3 through Sunday, Nov. 6 Galveston expects more than 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts from across the country for one of the biggest motorcycle rallies in the country and the biggest in Texas - Lone Star Rally.
Here are our tips to make the best out of Lone Star Rally in Galveston:
• Book your room early... The best location for rally is the heart of The Strand District and the only hotel located in this area is The Tremont House. You are just a block away from the Downtown Stage and the majority of vendors. If you missed out on booking your room, the good news is the second best location is just a mile away at Hotel Galvez & Spa. Hotel Galvez is directly across the street from the Beach Central Stage. Either hotel is a great choice for rally.
• Download the Lone Star Rally app for IPhone or Androids for the weekend. The app offers concert schedules, updates, maps and weather.
• Lone Star Rally offers three event zones: The Seawall, The Strand and Pier 21. If you get bored in one location, just hop on your bike and take a short ride to another location. Both the Seawall and The Strand offer free concerts for all four days.
• Choose from the Downtown Stage or Beach Central stage for four days of live music. Downtown concerts begin at noon with the last band performing at 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 5:30 p.m. Sunday. The Beach Central Stage concerts also start at noon while the last band performs at 9:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday. Check the schedule for Kid Rock Tribute Band, ACDC Tribute Band and David Allen Coe. Plus, Uncle Kracker will perform Thursday and Loverboy is the featured act on Friday, both at the Downtown Stage.
• Look for these events - Biker Games, Custom Bike Show, and Baddest Bagger Show are all at Beach Central. There’s also a Run Down the Shore Ride on Thursday and a Poker Run Thursday through Saturday. Check the website or app for details.
• Enjoy the ride - Galveston is easy to navigate and truly scenic. You’ll love the vista over the causeway as you arrive on the island. Plus, enjoy the beach view of the Gulf of Mexico as you cruise down the seawall and the cool historic buildings throughout downtown. There are designated motorcycle traffic areas on the Seawall and Downtown. If you are traveling down 25th Street, make sure to be cautious around the trolley tracks. There are also tracks in parts of downtown.
• And, you’ll want to come back… Galveston Island is thirty-two miles long and no more than three miles wide at its widest point. We have amazing restaurants, great history and plenty to keep you entertained.
Stay current on Lone Star Rally information and special offers through the FREE, official Lone Star Rally smartphone App available in the Apple Store and Google Play.
Book your room at these preferred rally hotels:
• The Tremont House is located in the heart of The Strand Historic District and rally.
• Hotel Galvez & Spa is located on Seawall Blvd and directly across from the Beach Central Stage.