A gorgeous sunset, a romantic restaurant or a thoughtful tour are all suggestions by Galveston insiders on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day. This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday providing a perfect excuse for a quick, mid-week romantic getaway with your special someone.
Here are some Valentine’s Day ideas:
• Valentine’s Day Cruise at Sea Star Base Galveston, 7509 Broadway, on Saturday, Feb. 10 and Wednesday, Feb. 14. Sea Star Base Galveston is offering a romantic three-hour cruise on Offatts Bayou featuring wine or champagne, gourmet buffet and dessert. The price is $186 per couple (inclusive). For tickets, visit https://www.ssbgalveston.org/
• Victorian Sweetheart Tour at Bishop’s Palace, 1402 Broadway. Bishop’s Palace is hosting a special Victorian Sweetheart Tour at 5:45 p.m. on Valentine’s Day. The tour features champagne, chocolate and a discussion on the history of Victorian courting. Tickets are $30 per person and limited to 30 guests. The tour wraps up at 7 p.m. allowing plenty of time for dinner. For tickets, visit their website.
• Valentine’s Day Dinner at Galvez Bar & Grill, 2024 Seawall Blvd. Galvez Bar & Grill is offering a romantic four-course dinner with crab pan seared jumbo lump crab cake, salad, choice of red wine braised short rib or jumbo herb seared scallops and dessert for $75 per person. Dinner is served from 5 to 10 p.m. and includes a glass of champagne. Advance reservations are highly recommended. Reservations are available via Open Table or by calling (409) 765-7721.
• Couples massage at The Spa at Hotel Galvez. The Spa at Hotel Galvez was recently named Best Spa of Galveston.com’s 2017 Best of Galveston Award. The Spa offers two treatment rooms for couples and can tailor your massage to your needs. Call (409) 515-2100 for an appointment and visit the website for special offers.
• Cocktails at The Rooftop Bar and a carriage ride. The Rooftop Bar at The Tremont House, 2300 Mechanic, was recently named Best Hotel Bar and Best Cocktail Bar of Galveston.com’s 2017 Best of Galveston Awards. Based on that, you won’t go wrong with a drink at The Rooftop Bar followed by a carriage ride in historic downtown Galveston. The Rooftop Bar opens at 4 p.m. on Valentine’s Day (weather permitting). If you are lucky you might be able to snag a seat at the new fire pit tables.
• Book the Sweet Escape Package at The Tremont House. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, The Tremont House is adding complimentary chocolate covered strawberries for guests that book the Sweet Escape package on Feb. 14. The package includes breakfast for two in Tremont Café or via room service and a bottle of champagne. Those chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect pairing with that sparkling wine.
Add to the romance with a stay at one of these Galveston’s hotels:
Enjoy Historic Downtown Galveston and Book the Sweet Escape Package at The Tremont House.
For a beach view with history, stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to transport hotel guests downtown.
Or if you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, consider Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.