Everyone knows that Galveston is a great place to go during Spring and Summer, but what you may not know is that the Island is host to a number of Winter Activities as well. Head Down to Galveston during the cold season and find another world of wonder waiting for you.
· The Rooftop Bar at The Tremont House- Open year round, the Rooftop Bar has become one of the hottest spots in the Houston/Galveston area. During the winter they stock up on Blankets and turn on the Outdoor Heaters so that guests can enjoy the views and seasonal cocktails as they relax together while watching the bustling downtown area.
· Enjoy an Evening of Culture in Downtown- Catch a show at the Grand Opera House, or a play at the East Island Theatre. Frequent new offerings at both offer a great experience. If you are more into Music, check out the line up at Acoustic Café or see who is at the Proletariat. Galveston is a recognized Art center and there is always something available to add to your cultural repertoire. Consider arriving at your venue in one of the Horse drawn carriages that are readily available and will pick you up at The Tremont House with advanced notice.
· Visit the 1895 Moody Mansion-During the winter months there is no more beautiful spot than the Moody Mansion when she is decorated for the Holidays. Decorations are in place through January 6, 2016. You can even enjoy this event Free of Charge of January 6, 2016 during the 12th night open house event. No matter your age this is sure to be a hit, and don’t forget how close the Mansion is to both Hotel Galvez & Spa and The Tremont House.
· Spend Time at Pier 21- Book your room at the Harbor House, explore the Seaport Museum, wander the Oil Rig Museum and view the Theater at Pier 21’s documentaries. In between stops have a drink at No-No Tony’s, Lunch at Fisherman’s Wharf and dine in style later at Olympia at Pier 21. All these attractions are located on the pier so you need never look at your car, and during the entire day you can watch the dolphins jumping in the Harbor.
· Relax in the Spa- Forget the Cold, forget the world, and pamper yourself with a day at the Spa at the Hotel Galvez. Packages are available offering combinations of services or you can plan your day a la carte. Arrive early and sit in the steam room for 10 minutes followed by some meditation in the relaxation lounge, sip Champagne as you receive a Pedicure, relax with a deep-tissue massage, and try to decide between a facial and a trip to the Salon. No matter what you enjoy, the Spa is bound to indulge you in ways you can only imagine.