Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks, enjoy and celebrate in the company of friends and family. What better way to enjoy this time than with a break from the stresses of everyday life. This year we suggest you schedule a getaway with your loved ones as a new Thanksgiving tradition.
• Hotel Galvez & Spa’s Famous Thanksgiving Day Brunch- Getting away for Thanksgiving doesn’t mean that you have to skip all your favorite holiday foods. Hotel Galvez & Spa is currently taking reservations for its renowned Brunch but it’s critical that you reserve your spot for this amazing holiday brunch in advance (like today, seats are going fast). You’ll find all your traditional favorites such as turkey, prime rib, orange glazed ham, green bean casserole, yams, etc. along with fresh gulf seafood, surprises around every corner and a room filled with desserts paired with mimosas, champagne and more. Hotel Galvez offers a Thanksgiving Day Brunch with seating beginning at 10:30 and ending at 3:30 p.m. If your preferred time is booked then make a reservation for Thanksgiving Dinner with seating from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Both are $59.99 for adults, $55.99 for seniors and $35.99 for children (6-11). Both offer an amazing menu and you will leave stuffed. Advance reservations required. For reservations, call the hotel directly at 409.765.7721.
• Holiday Entertainment - Christmas lights and Christmas carols will get you in the holiday spirit and Thanksgiving Weekend is booked with these events:
o Friday, Nov. 27, 6 p.m., Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez. Official tree lighting for Galveston followed by live performances by local children’s choir and hand bell choir as well as the Galveston Ballet along with special appearance by Santa Claus. Free.
o Saturday, Nov. 28, 6 to 9 p.m., ArtWalk. Galveston’s biggest and most popular ArtWalk of the year. Browse through Galveston’s art galleries and “other walls” including The Tremont House.
o All Weekend, 6 to 10 p.m., Moody Gardens Festival of Lights. Wander through more than a million holiday lights while enjoying holiday music during this annual event. New this year is an Arctic Ice Slide for an additional ticket. Tickets: $10.95/pp.
o Thanksgiving 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Moody Gardens Ice Land: Ice Sculptures. This is a “must do” during the holiday season. Nationally acclaimed ice carvers from China have created Spongebob's Best Christmas Party Ever visualized in 2 million pounds of ice. Tickets: $26.95 adults; $21.95 for seniors and children (4-12)
o Saturday, Nov. 28, An Olde English Christmas with Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone at The Grand 1894 Opera House. A great show to get you in the holiday spirit. For tickets, visit www.thegrand.com
• Holiday Shopping – Wouldn’t you prefer to skip the crowded malls?
o Thanksgiving Weekend: Home for the Holidays Gift Market at Moody Gardens featuring more than 100 vendors.
o Shopping in Galveston’s Historic Downtown District. Look for the perfect gift in one of Galveston’s locally owned shops.
• And, you’ll want to come back this holiday season… Galveston Island has amazing restaurants, great shopping and plenty of holiday fun to keep you entertained.
Hotel Holiday Offers:
• Thanksgiving “Turkey Day” Getaway Package: Hotel Galvez & Spa is offering a Thanksgiving Getaway package starting at $279/night that includes a guest room for two, Thanksgiving brunch for two and valet parking.
• Holiday Getaway Package: Throughout the holiday season, Hotel Galvez is featuring a Galveston Holiday Getaway Package, available from Nov. 14 through Dec. 30, 2015. The package includes a $50 food and beverage credit, valet parking and shuttle to The Strand for shopping. Weekday rates from $189/night and weekend rates from $249/night.
Additional options for your next Galveston getaway:
• If you want to stay in the heart of downtown Galveston, book your stay at The Tremont House.
• If you want to enjoy of view of the harbor, stay at Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21.